Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Was Battlestar Galactica released today?

Was Battlestar Galactica released today?

Smelly Feet

Was Battlestar Galactica released today?

Jordan

It's been out for a while, even the normal boxed edition.

Justin

Smelly Feet wrote on [Wed, 29 Dec 2004 00:06:37 GMT]:
> Was Battlestar Galactica released today?

The mini series, yes.

Justin

Jordan wrote on [28 Dec 2004 16:14:49 -0800]:
> It's been out for a while, even the normal boxed edition.

The mini series hasn't

Alan Figgatt

Jordan wrote:
> It's been out for a while, even the normal boxed edition.

I think the question is about the recent mini-series version shown on
the Sci-Fi channel which was indeed released today. Since the original
mini-series aired on Sci-FI about a year ago, I am somewhat surprised it
was not out on DVD sooner. But they obviously delayed the release of the
mini-series on DVD until they could tie it to the new series starting on
Sci-Fi in mid January.

Alan F

Derek Balling

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Alan Figgatt
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Jordan wrote:
> > It's been out for a while, even the normal boxed edition.

> I think the question is about the recent mini-series version shown on
> the Sci-Fi channel which was indeed released today.

Actually, it's been on DVD for about 6 months.

That is, of course, unless your DVD player is still region-crippled.

Derek Janssen

Jordan wrote:

> It's been out for a while, even the normal boxed edition.

He means the--YEESH!!--cheapo Sci-Fi Channel version, that even its own
star tried to warn fans out of watching.

(Oh, brother: Sexy sweeps-week "Cylons"?...
What is this, "V: the Series"??)

Derek Janssen (and we thought the ORIGINAL was 70's!)

Rclrk43

In the latest issue on Cinescape magazine there is a full page ad to write to
Glen Larson to bring back the original actors of Battlestar Galactia. If anyone
is intrusted here is a link. http://www.colonialfanforce.org/

Jordan

Sorry, my confusion. I did pick it up last night and found it to be
really pretty good. Well, despite having Mcauley Culkin as Starbuck.
:^)

I am kind of surprised that they present it without episode breaks, at
least what I saw of the first side, it's just one continuous movie.
- Jordan

Vincent J. Murphy

On 29 Dec 2004 05:38:27 GMT, Rclrk43 <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled:
> In the latest issue on Cinescape magazine there is a full page ad to write to
> Glen Larson to bring back the original actors of Battlestar Galactia. If anyone
> is intrusted here is a link. http://www.colonialfanforce.org/

Richard Hatch appears an upcoming episode of the new series, by the
way. Considering Hatch's disapproval of the whole idea of the new
series, it is quite the reversal.