Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > STAR WARS DVD's

STAR WARS DVD's

Gerry Zaninovich

Reading CNN in the computer today it said about the new 25 films that
are going to be put in the US National Film Registry (which personally I
have no idea what it does). Going to their website to see what in 1989
Star Wars was included in the registry.
My question is, wouldn't this be the 1977 versions of SW or they change
them to the SE versions, and if they are the original versions, couldn't
they release them in DVD's?

Gerry

Matthew L. Martin

Gerry Zaninovich wrote:
> Reading CNN in the computer today it said about the new 25 films that
> are going to be put in the US National Film Registry (which personally I
> have no idea what it does). Going to their website to see what in 1989
> Star Wars was included in the registry.
> My question is, wouldn't this be the 1977 versions of SW or they change
> them to the SE versions, and if they are the original versions, couldn't
> they release them in DVD's?

George Lucas, with fingers in ears: "LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA"

The films should be ejected from the vaults because they don't exist
anymore.

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game

Steve K.

Matthew L. Martin wrote:
> Gerry Zaninovich wrote:
>
>> Reading CNN in the computer today it said about the new 25 films that
>> are going to be put in the US National Film Registry (which personally I
>> have no idea what it does). Going to their website to see what in 1989
>> Star Wars was included in the registry.
>> My question is, wouldn't this be the 1977 versions of SW or they change
>> them to the SE versions, and if they are the original versions, couldn't
>> they release them in DVD's?
>>

> George Lucas, with fingers in ears: "LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA"
>
> The films should be ejected from the vaults because they don't exist
> anymore.
>
> Matthew

Wonder if they have the original without the "Episode IV - A New Hope"
in the vault?