Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Saving .avi files to DVD

Saving .avi files to DVD

David

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but... I
am trying to string a number of .avi files together and save the
result on a DVD to send friends. I am using XP Home, and started out
with Windows Movie Maker. First I imported the files, added them to
the time-line and saved the project as a .wmv file. When I tried to
export this file the options were the hard drive, e-mail, CD, but no
way to select a DVD burner.

I next tried with Nero which came with the DVD burner, it doesn't see
the .wmv file so that got me nowhere. I could have started all over
using the Ulead suite and making up a new time-line, but then the file
will be saved in their own format but the friends do not have Ulead.

How can I join these clips up and save them to DVD in a readily
playable format?

Thanks,

David

FAQmeister

news:(E-Mail Removed)
> I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but... I
> am trying to string a number of .avi files together and save the
> result on a DVD to send friends. I am using XP Home, and started out
> with Windows Movie Maker. First I imported the files, added them to
> the time-line and saved the project as a .wmv file. When I tried to
> export this file the options were the hard drive, e-mail, CD, but no
> way to select a DVD burner.
>
> I next tried with Nero which came with the DVD burner, it doesn't see
> the .wmv file so that got me nowhere. I could have started all over
> using the Ulead suite and making up a new time-line, but then the file
> will be saved in their own format but the friends do not have Ulead.
>
> How can I join these clips up and save them to DVD in a readily
> playable format?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

You can burn a data DVD in Nero using the wmv files.
--
Buford T. Justice
The alt.video.dvd faq is located at: