Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Change Region Code on DVD

Change Region Code on DVD

NO Hope

Do you know of a way to change a DVD Region 1 to Region 2. The reason is
that I got all originals DVDs Region 1. In order to test my DVD Player if is
truly multiregions I need a Region 2 DVD to test it.
Thank you

Baz

DVDShrink lets you choose region code

"NO Hope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:36iAd.18819$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Do you know of a way to change a DVD Region 1 to Region 2. The reason is
> that I got all originals DVDs Region 1. In order to test my DVD Player if
> is
> truly multiregions I need a Region 2 DVD to test it.
> Thank you

NO Hope

I tried that (checkmark Region 2 on Shrink) but keep on producing Region
Free DVD. Any other idea?

Baz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41d1bf6a$0$28765$(E-Mail Removed)...
> DVDShrink lets you choose region code
>
> "NO Hope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:36iAd.18819$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> > Do you know of a way to change a DVD Region 1 to Region 2. The reason is
> > that I got all originals DVDs Region 1. In order to test my DVD Player

if
> > is
> > truly multiregions I need a Region 2 DVD to test it.
> > Thank you

Baz

Uncheck everything including Region Free, Check Region 2
Just tried it.
Makes Region 2, which won't play on my player.

"NO Hope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:qNkAd.20081$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>I tried that (checkmark Region 2 on Shrink) but keep on producing Region
> Free DVD. Any other idea?
>
> Baz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:41d1bf6a$0$28765$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> DVDShrink lets you choose region code
>>
>> "NO Hope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:36iAd.18819$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> > Do you know of a way to change a DVD Region 1 to Region 2. The reason
>> > is
>> > that I got all originals DVDs Region 1. In order to test my DVD Player

> if
>> > is
>> > truly multiregions I need a Region 2 DVD to test it.
>> > Thank you

Biz

Until you have the need to play a region 2 dvd, whats the difference? Any
DVD you copy from a R1 dvd will not be true R2 unless you also convert the
NTSC to PAL standard.

$15 or so on a R2 dvd would be a much easier solution

"NO Hope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:36iAd.18819$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Do you know of a way to change a DVD Region 1 to Region 2. The reason is
> that I got all originals DVDs Region 1. In order to test my DVD Player if

is
> truly multiregions I need a Region 2 DVD to test it.
> Thank you

NO Hope

I got a Region Free Pal already. I want to maket Region 2 so I can check my
Stand alone DVD Player.

"Biz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:HmmAd.1181193$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Until you have the need to play a region 2 dvd, whats the difference? Any
> DVD you copy from a R1 dvd will not be true R2 unless you also convert the
> NTSC to PAL standard.
>
> $15 or so on a R2 dvd would be a much easier solution
>
> "NO Hope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:36iAd.18819$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> > Do you know of a way to change a DVD Region 1 to Region 2. The reason is
> > that I got all originals DVDs Region 1. In order to test my DVD Player

if
> is
> > truly multiregions I need a Region 2 DVD to test it.
> > Thank you

NO Hope

What you mean uncheck evrything? I already unchecked Region Free and checked
only Region 2. It still produce Region Free. I tried twice with two
different DVD. One DVD was already Region 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, and shrink produced
Region Free. The other was Region 1 and shrink produced Region Free. It
seems that regardless what I do it produces Region Free. By the way I use
Shrink 3.2.

"Baz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41d1dfe6$0$20074$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Uncheck everything including Region Free, Check Region 2
> Just tried it.
> Makes Region 2, which won't play on my player.
>

> "NO Hope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:qNkAd.20081$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >I tried that (checkmark Region 2 on Shrink) but keep on producing Region
> > Free DVD. Any other idea?
> >
> > Baz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:41d1bf6a$0$28765$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> DVDShrink lets you choose region code
> >>
> >> "NO Hope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:36iAd.18819$(E-Mail Removed).. .

Player
> > if

Mischa van Dinter

Biz wrote:
> Until you have the need to play a region 2 dvd, whats the difference? Any
> DVD you copy from a R1 dvd will not be true R2 unless you also convert the
> NTSC to PAL standard.

What? The TV system has nothing to do with region coding. Japanese DVDs
are R2 and are NTSC standard.

Mischa

Kildahl Kildahl is offline
Junior Member

It's actually quite easy... Just follow these steps!

Use AnyDVD and CloneDVD...

1. Change the region in AnyDVD to the DVD's region (not your own...!) and rip the DVD using AnyDVD's own ripper (right-click on the AnyDVD logo at the bottom right on the screen and choose "Rip DVD to...").

2. Save it in a folder of your choise.

3. Change the region in AnyDVD to your own region.

4. Copy the DVD using CloneDVD and choose the files from your folder.

I've done it many times from region 1 to region 2 with no problems!

Did this help you?