Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Burning Rented DVD's

Burning Rented DVD's

holidaymail@christmas.com

On 25 Dec 2004 17:00:24 -0800, "AbbyEye" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm sure that I'm not the first person to think of this, but what are
>the limitations instituted by the manufacturers that don't permit
>someone to get a NetFlix account and a couple hundred DVD-R's and make
>a personal Library?

Go for it !!!!

Netflix will make a lot of money on rentals
Some other company will make a lot of money on blank disks
and
Some l;awyer will make a lot of money when you get caught

By the time you finish your library, DVD's will be replaced with some
other format, and you'll have to start all over, the same way a lot of
people are already doing who collected VHS tapes a few years ago.

AbbyEye

I'm sure that I'm not the first person to think of this, but what are
the limitations instituted by the manufacturers that don't permit
someone to get a NetFlix account and a couple hundred DVD-R's and make
a personal Library?

What The

There is nothing to stop you from doing that, except Judge Dredd.

"AbbyEye" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I'm sure that I'm not the first person to think of this, but what are
> the limitations instituted by the manufacturers that don't permit
> someone to get a NetFlix account and a couple hundred DVD-R's and make
> a personal Library?

AbbyEye

Then, in that case..using two accounts, a little self-help DIY tutorial
on using a ripper and burner, I could have about 600+ movies in a years
time. Sweet. Just gotta keep the look out for His Majesty, Bush...er
Dredd.

Biz

You mean beyond it being completely illegal and completely immoral?

You might as well just steal them.

If you want to make backup copies of disks you own, not many people will
blame you as long as you own them and dont turn around and sell the
originals after you make copies.

Any other mis-use is just total scumbag status.

"AbbyEye" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I'm sure that I'm not the first person to think of this, but what are
> the limitations instituted by the manufacturers that don't permit
> someone to get a NetFlix account and a couple hundred DVD-R's and make
> a personal Library?

Tarkus

On 12/25/2004 5:55:31 PM, What The wrote:

> There is nothing to stop you from doing that, except Judge Dredd.

Yes, that movie will sour you on copying.
--
"Don't touch that please. Your primitive intellect wouldn't understand
things with alloys and compositions and things with ... molecular

AbbyEye

I don't think Dredd was really that bad of a Movie. The Terminator did
a fine job ripping the soul out of a fine print medium with a loyal fan
base. I beleive Rob Schneider stole the movie as "Ace Bigalow,
Vendo-Tron Giggalo". That Rob, what a cut-up...

By the way as for the "Moral Majority" over there...tell me you never
broke the law. Go ahead, tell me. You never:

-Jay Walked.

-Drove through the yellow lines in a parking space, instead of backing
out of your space.

-Parked on Someone elses' Dime at a Parking Meter.

-Didn't tithe your HONEST pre-tax 10%.

-Sneak a look at another besides your spouse or bethrothed. (Remember,
it's not just a sin to look, it's also a sin to have Lust in your
Heart)

-Cast the first stone. (Oh, wait...that's what you just did here)

-Denounced your Brother/Sister to a mob of Pharisies.

-Taken more than your fair share of napkins pr condiments from a fast
food restaurant.

-Put on a Clown Costume, rent a truck under the assumed name of J.W.
Gacy, drive over state lines with said truck picking up young
hitch-hikers along they way just to leave their dissmembered torsos in
the waste cans of rest stop bathrooms, while on your way to rob a hot
dog stand in Modesto, California.

-Not tip properly in a restaurant. ( I know it's not a crime, but it
should be, these people work hard for really crap wages ).

-Kill a cop in a 'moment of passion' while making five dollars the hard
way in a Wal-Mart bathroom.

-Lie

(That last one was a big one.)

You see, even the most Pious man (in the Christian parlance) was a
criminal, a Blasphemer and a general nuesance to the ruling class.

Look inside yourself before you start casting stones at people walking
past your glass house. You're bound to break your own belongings..and
tape on glass is a shoddy repair in anyones book.

-Abby

Joe S

AbbyEye wrote:

> Look inside yourself before you start casting stones at people walking
> past your glass house. You're bound to break your own belongings..and
> tape on glass is a shoddy repair in anyones book.
>
> -Abby

So, what you're saying is since no one is perfect, we should just let
everyone do everything they want because doing 100 bad things is no
worse than doing 1 bad thing?

Gotcha.

Joe

LASERandDVDfan

>Then, in that case..using two accounts, a little self-help DIY tutorial
>on using a ripper and burner, I could have about 600+ movies in a years
>time. Sweet. Just gotta keep the look out for His Majesty, Bush...er
>Dredd.

Just remember:

The penalty for killing a judge is not life, but death. - Reinhart

AbbyEye

I'm not saying that anarchy should be the rule of the day...my primary
point is that usually the first to point the fingers are usually the
ones with the largest box of barbie heads under their beds.

"Me thinks he doth protest too strong and too loud..." or something
like that....