Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > what are video_TS and audio_TS

what are video_TS and audio_TS

stefjnoskynov

Why does in dvd contening films there are two folders: respectively
audio_ts and video_ts? I noticed olso che I can download only video_ts
by dvd to my computer to see and listen a film without problems. But
sometimes I noticed that some films downloated on my computer didn't
have audio >:-/. Why?

luminos

TS stands for 'title set' and is part of dvd structure. The Video_TS folder
contains all of the files, correctly identified by informaton (ifo) and
their backups (bup) files, necessary for a DVD to play.

Audio_TS was mainly designed for DVD Audio. However, even an empty folder
of Audio_TS is required by some players for the disc to be recognized it as
DVD.

"stefjnoskynov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Why does in dvd contening films there are two folders: respectively
> audio_ts and video_ts? I noticed olso che I can download only video_ts
> by dvd to my computer to see and listen a film without problems. But
> sometimes I noticed that some films downloated on my computer didn't
> have audio >:-/. Why?

stefjnoskynov

> TS stands for 'title set' and is part of dvd structure. The Video_TS folder
> contains all of the files, correctly identified by informaton (ifo) and
> their backups (bup) files, necessary for a DVD to play.
>
> Audio_TS was mainly designed for DVD Audio. However, even an empty folder
> of Audio_TS is required by some players for the disc to be recognized it as
> DVD.

So if I want to record a film into another dvd I have to select .bup and
..vob files, insert them into video_TS and after create (or copy) a
folder named audio_TS

> "stefjnoskynov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> > Why does in dvd contening films there are two folders: respectively
> > audio_ts and video_ts? I noticed olso che I can download only video_ts
> > by dvd to my computer to see and listen a film without problems. But
> > sometimes I noticed that some films downloated on my computer didn't
> > have audio >:-/. Why?

JF Sebastian

> So if I want to record a film into another dvd I have to select .bup and
> .vob files, insert them into video_TS and after create (or copy) a
> folder named audio_TS

No, there's a bit more magic involved. What you see in your filesystem
explorer is just some kind of view onto what's on the DVD. To get
everything working correctly, the contents of these files need to be
arranged in a certain way on the disc.

Get a DVD copy tool, there are many available, both commercial (DAVideo)
and free (DVDDecrypter).

luminos

"JF Sebastian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> So if I want to record a film into another dvd I have to select .bup and
>> .vob files, insert them into video_TS and after create (or copy) a folder
>> named audio_TS

> No, there's a bit more magic involved. What you see in your filesystem
> explorer is just some kind of view onto what's on the DVD. To get
> everything working correctly, the contents of these files need to be
> arranged in a certain way on the disc.
>
> Get a DVD copy tool, there are many available, both commercial (DAVideo)
> and free (DVDDecrypter).

Nero has special functions just for this purpose.

Kevin M.

luminos wrote:
> "JF Sebastian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>>So if I want to record a film into another dvd I have to select .bup and
>>>.vob files, insert them into video_TS and after create (or copy) a folder
>>>named audio_TS

>>No, there's a bit more magic involved. What you see in your filesystem
>>explorer is just some kind of view onto what's on the DVD. To get
>>everything working correctly, the contents of these files need to be
>>arranged in a certain way on the disc.
>>
>>Get a DVD copy tool, there are many available, both commercial (DAVideo)
>>and free (DVDDecrypter).

> Nero has special functions just for this purpose.

How can I get those functions to work? When I tried to backup a DVD with
Nero, it told me that the DVD was protected.

Missing Video_TS.vob...How to recreate? Arawak Computer Support 4 07-26-2008 04:45 AM
Video_TS meaning luminos DVD Video 6 11-26-2007 06:08 AM
Newbie DVD question burning the VIDEO_TS folder. NormalJim@no.address Computer Support 3 06-22-2006 04:24 AM
Re: (norwin) [2003] - "VIDEO_TS.BUP" yEnc (1/1) Richard C. DVD Video 0 12-30-2003 02:56 PM
Help-VRO file to VOB/VIDEO_TS sanpablo DVD Video 1 12-29-2003 12:54 AM

Advertisments