Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Colossus: The Forbin Project screwed

Colossus: The Forbin Project screwed

karlpov

Anybody know why this rather good bit of SF got such shoddy treatment?
Not just pan&scan but, I'm told, without even a menu for scene
selection. Nice price, but I would have preferred to pay a little more
for a decent treatment.

luminos

"karlpov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anybody know why this rather good bit of SF got such shoddy treatment?
> Not just pan&scan but, I'm told, without even a menu for scene
> selection. Nice price, but I would have preferred to pay a little more
> for a decent treatment.

It is an other DVD travesty. It is not merely a rather good bit of SF,
there is so much worse it should be considred a classic.

VICSBOOTH1

<< It is an other DVD travesty. It is not merely a rather good bit of SF,
there is so much worse it should be considred a classic. >>

Glad I copied my WS laser disc to dvd!!!!

Victor

"Machine!!!! Call me a machine!!!!!!!!!"---- Gwent

Vincent J. Murphy

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 23:28:23 GMT, karlpov <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled:
> Anybody know why this rather good bit of SF got such shoddy treatment?
> Not just pan&scan but, I'm told, without even a menu for scene
> selection. Nice price, but I would have preferred to pay a little more
> for a decent treatment.

Yeah, the Colossus disk is the very definition of barebones: no menus,
no extras, even the disk title (toss it into a computer with a DVD
drive) is just a jumble of numbers.

And the worst thing is that the credits are at least letterboxed,
but then the movie immediate switches to pan & scan for the
remainder.

Consider that Paramount released Testament at the same price
point, with a decent anamophic transfer and special features: Colossus
deserved at least that.

VJM