Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Home Theater Remote Control

Home Theater Remote Control

Charles Rabinowitz

I am looking to purchase a
Home Theater remote control that is capable of operating Toshiba's RD-XS32
DVD Recorder as well as an RCA Receiver/Amplifier,A Sony 27" T.V., and a
Motorola Digital Cable Box. All of the Home Theater remote controls that I
have tried can operate all of the above items except the RD-XS32 DVD
Recorder. Can any one recommend a Home Theater remote control capable of
operating the Toshiba's RD-XS32

hatch@iname.com

Have you looked at Logitech Harmony? Programming is downloaded through
a USB port.

Charles Rabinowitz wrote:
> I am looking to purchase a
> Home Theater remote control that is capable of operating Toshiba's

RD-XS32
> DVD Recorder as well as an RCA Receiver/Amplifier,A Sony 27" T.V.,

and a
> Motorola Digital Cable Box. All of the Home Theater remote controls

that I
> have tried can operate all of the above items except the RD-XS32 DVD
> Recorder. Can any one recommend a Home Theater remote control capable

of
> operating the Toshiba's RD-XS32

George

My review (and about 400 others) of the Home Theatre Master MX500 is here
http://www.remotecentral.com/ureview/41.htm

Reviews of many other remotes can be found on the remote central home page.

If you can afford it, the MX500 is unbeatable (except by the MX700). I've
had mine for 6 months and it replaced six other remotes with enough space
left to replace four more. I love it and will never have to buy another
remote. As far as I know there is no remote that it can't replace. Not cheap
though. It costs more than most DVD players.

George

"Charles Rabinowitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I am looking to purchase a
> Home Theater remote control that is capable of operating Toshiba's RD-XS32
> DVD Recorder as well as an RCA Receiver/Amplifier,A Sony 27" T.V., and a
> Motorola Digital Cable Box. All of the Home Theater remote controls that I
> have tried can operate all of the above items except the RD-XS32 DVD
> Recorder. Can any one recommend a Home Theater remote control capable of
> operating the Toshiba's RD-XS32

fredman

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 02:47:54 GMT, "Charles Rabinowitz"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am looking to purchase a
>Home Theater remote control that is capable of operating Toshiba's RD-XS32
>DVD Recorder as well as an RCA Receiver/Amplifier,A Sony 27" T.V., and a
>Motorola Digital Cable Box. All of the Home Theater remote controls that I
>have tried can operate all of the above items except the RD-XS32 DVD
>Recorder. Can any one recommend a Home Theater remote control capable of
>operating the Toshiba's RD-XS32

You need a controller that accepts both manufacturer codes and
individual learning to capture all the controls for unique devices.
The codes get you all the basic device commands and then you can
'teach' the controller the rest to custom buttons. There are a number
of them on the market. I use a Sony AV-3000 (although I have mostly
Sony stuff) and it has replaced ALL my remotes because of the above
features. Good luck.