Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Sales for The Lord of the Rings - The Motion Picture Trilogy (Special Extended DVD Edition) [12 DVDs]?

Sales for The Lord of the Rings - The Motion Picture Trilogy (Special Extended DVD Edition) [12 DVDs]?

ANTant@zimage.com

Hello. Now, that Return of the King movie came out on DVDs. The trilogy
is complete. I have not bought of any of the movies because I wanted
to wait for the trilogy set of all Special Extended DVD Editions.

Which retail stores have the lowest prices? Is Best Buy the only one
lowest ($72.99)? I live in Los Angeles, CA area.

Thank you in advance.
--
"Caution is not cowardice; even the ants march armed." --Ugandan Proverb
/\___/\
| |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
( )

Jordan

Wow, it's $10 cheaper here in Oregon. Weird... No sales tax either.
- Jordan

Video Flyer

On 12/16/04 3:50 PM, in article
(E-Mail Removed) om, "Jordan"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Wow, it's $10 cheaper here in Oregon. Weird... No sales tax either.
> - Jordan

I think Coconuts.com has a $7 mail-in rebate going...

Neal

wonginator71@lycos.com

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hello. Now, that Return of the King movie came out on DVDs. The

trilogy
> is complete. I have not bought of any of the movies because I wanted
> to wait for the trilogy set of all Special Extended DVD Editions.
>
> Which retail stores have the lowest prices? Is Best Buy the only one
> lowest ($72.99)? I live in Los Angeles, CA area.

Fry's Electronics was selling the EE trilogy box set for $69.99 on the
first day, but that sale price might have expired already, being a
Tuesday-only price. That was the cheapest price I knew of.

Lee

Video Flyer

On 12/16/04 4:14 PM, in article BDE76504.464C%(E-Mail Removed), "Video Flyer"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On 12/16/04 3:50 PM, in article
> (E-Mail Removed) om, "Jordan"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Wow, it's $10 cheaper here in Oregon. Weird... No sales tax either.
>> - Jordan
>>

> I think Coconuts.com has a $7 mail-in rebate going...
>
> Neal

Oops. I guess that's just for Return of the King...

Neal

ANTant@zimage.com

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > Hello. Now, that Return of the King movie came out on DVDs. The

> trilogy
> > is complete. I have not bought of any of the movies because I wanted
> > to wait for the trilogy set of all Special Extended DVD Editions.
> >
> > Which retail stores have the lowest prices? Is Best Buy the only one
> > lowest ($72.99)? I live in Los Angeles, CA area.

> Fry's Electronics was selling the EE trilogy box set for $69.99 on the
> first day, but that sale price might have expired already, being a
> Tuesday-only price. That was the cheapest price I knew of.

Was that special in the ads? I didn't see it online:
http://shopping.ocregister.com/RopAd...018&ad=1358073

It looks lik I missed the sale at BB since it is out of stock. Same for
WalMart.
--
"Caution is not cowardice; even the ants march armed." --Ugandan Proverb
/\___/\
| |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
( )

wonginator71@lycos.com

My bad, it was Wednesday's ad, and it expired on Thursday. Halfway
down, middle of the page, next to the Star Trek: Original Series box
set for $84.99.
http://shopping.ocregister.com/RopAd...018&ad=1360424

Lee

ANTant@zimage.com

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> My bad, it was Wednesday's ad, and it expired on Thursday. Halfway
> down, middle of the page, next to the Star Trek: Original Series box
> set for $84.99.
> http://shopping.ocregister.com/RopAd...018&ad=1360424

Thanks Lee. Dang it, I wished OC Register didn't make these ads blurry
and tiny. Argh! I miss their old formats and yes, I e-mailed them about
it.

I ended up buying from Best Buy, but it was sold out with the bundled
version. The employee did give me the same price + $1 (74 bucks or so)
and I had a $15 gift card to use so it wasn't bad. I had to get it before
the prices go back up!
--
"It is not enough to be industrious; so are the ants. What are you industrious about?" --Henry
David Thoreau