Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Heads Up! "Silver Streak" is WIDESCREEN!!!!

Heads Up! "Silver Streak" is WIDESCREEN!!!!

Film Buff

Thought I would pass this along------
Just picked up "Silver Streak" today at Suncoast and it is WIDESCREEN!!!
Looks like they put out a Full Frame DVD and a Widescreen DVD
So be sure to get the Widescreen - It is Anamorphic!!!

Matthew L. Martin

Film Buff wrote:
> Thought I would pass this along------
> Just picked up "Silver Streak" today at Suncoast and it is WIDESCREEN!!!
> Looks like they put out a Full Frame DVD and a Widescreen DVD
> So be sure to get the Widescreen - It is Anamorphic!!!

Then it goes back on my "must have" list.

Thanks,

Matthew

LASERandDVDfan

>Thought I would pass this along------
>Just picked up "Silver Streak" today at Suncoast and it is WIDESCREEN!!!
>Looks like they put out a Full Frame DVD and a Widescreen DVD
>So be sure to get the Widescreen - It is Anamorphic!!!

All right!

Another movie to get for my DVD Christmas.

Words cannot begin to describe how I feel about an anamorphic DVD version to
replace my P&S CED copy of this movie. - Reinhart

tabernacle2002@hotmail.com

So that explains WHY Walmart had a ton of them P&S versions in the
$5.50 bin this week.

Matthew L. Martin

LASERandDVDfan wrote:

>>Thought I would pass this along------
>>Just picked up "Silver Streak" today at Suncoast and it is WIDESCREEN!!!
>>Looks like they put out a Full Frame DVD and a Widescreen DVD
>>So be sure to get the Widescreen - It is Anamorphic!!!

> All right!
>
> Another movie to get for my DVD Christmas.
>
> Words cannot begin to describe how I feel about an anamorphic DVD version to
> replace my P&S CED copy of this movie. - Reinhart

I'm upgrade a far shorter distance (WS DVHS dub from FMC), but I think I
feel the same way.

Matthew

LASERandDVDfan

>I'm upgrade a far shorter distance (WS DVHS dub from FMC), but I think I
>feel the same way.

Maybe. But at least you had the pleasure of watching the movie in an high def
digital videotape in the original aspect ratio.

I had to settle for a videodisc which is read using a diamond stylus with a
trailing titanium electrode! - Reinhart

Matthew L. Martin

LASERandDVDfan wrote:
>>I'm upgrade a far shorter distance (WS DVHS dub from FMC), but I think I
>>feel the same way.

> Maybe. But at least you had the pleasure of watching the movie in an high def
> digital videotape in the original aspect ratio.

No. The D-VHS was a dub I did from DirecTV to an RCA SDTV D-VHS VCR.
Much better than P&S, but not anamorphic and at a very low bit rate for
a 520x480i resolution.

> I had to settle for a videodisc which is read using a diamond stylus with a
> trailing titanium electrode! - Reinhart

You win!!

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game

littlejoeflub@yahoo.com

LASERandDVDfan wrote:
> >Thought I would pass this along------
> >Just picked up "Silver Streak" today at Suncoast and it is

WIDESCREEN!!!
> >Looks like they put out a Full Frame DVD and a Widescreen DVD
> >So be sure to get the Widescreen - It is Anamorphic!!!

> All right!
>
> Another movie to get for my DVD Christmas.
>
> Words cannot begin to describe how I feel about an anamorphic DVD

version to
> replace my P&S CED copy of this movie. - Reinhart

I'd gladly give you a couple bucks for your CED copy as I enjoy
watching movies on this format and would be happy to ad your P&S Silver
Streak to it.