Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > 'the incredibles' release date?

'the incredibles' release date?

Derek Janssen

TCS wrote:

>>>ah.. like bugs life? no wait a minute, that was one disc. collector's
>>>edition was two discs but that doesn't come out first.
>>>
>>>perhaps toy story? nope. one disc too.
>>>
>>>you must mean finding nemo? ok. that was two discs.

>>Okay, I get the idea--Nobody saw the graphic the first time.

>>So, we post it again:
>>http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articl...ediblesdvd.jpg

> Is the collectors edition the only edition coming out? I thought it was usually
> a later release?

You STILL expect Disney to do a separate day/date bare-bones release?...
How is life in 2000?

Derek Janssen

Mike Jackson

>I know it's 2-discs. anyone know the release date?

Buena Vista's site for press and retailers (www.bvhe.com) only shows it as
"coming soon" along with the cover art you've seen on The Digital Bits and
other sites. And hey, there's separate fullscreen and widescreen releases,
so we don't have to be bothered with the version that bugs us!

Mike Jackson
Editor & Web Developer, DVD Verdict
www.dvdverdict.com

Black Locust

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
TCS <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> ah.. like bugs life? no wait a minute, that was one disc. collector's
> edition was two discs but that doesn't come out first.
>
> perhaps toy story? nope. one disc too.
>
> you must mean finding nemo? ok. that was two discs.

Monsters Inc was two discs as well.

Mark Spatny

Steve Mclaughlin,(E-Mail Removed) says...
> I know it's 2-discs. anyone know the release date?

Judging from my Oscar screener, the real release will look great when it
comes out.

M.B.

Mark Spatny wrote:
> Steve Mclaughlin,(E-Mail Removed) says...
>
>>I know it's 2-discs. anyone know the release date?

> Judging from my Oscar screener, the real release will look great when it
> comes out.

Oh now you're just bragging! Lucky SOB!

Mark Spatny

M.B.,(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Oh now you're just bragging! Lucky SOB!

Why is it lucky? Screeners are nothing to brag about. No extra features,
and periodically a distracting warning pops up on screen reminding you
that the disc is the property of the studio. Sometimes they still come
on VHS (like the screener for Sky Captain I got this week). They are
actually kind of lame unless you are really desperate to see a movie and
it isn't in theaters anymore. Mostly I use them as a guide for whether
it will be worthwhile buying the commercial release. In the case of the
Incredibles, judging from the screener, the commercial release should
look fantastic. I'll be buying it.

M.B.

Mark Spatny wrote:
> M.B.,(E-Mail Removed) says...
>
>>Oh now you're just bragging! Lucky SOB!

> Why is it lucky? Screeners are nothing to brag about. No extra features,
> and periodically a distracting warning pops up on screen reminding you
> that the disc is the property of the studio. Sometimes they still come
> on VHS (like the screener for Sky Captain I got this week). They are
> actually kind of lame unless you are really desperate to see a movie and
> it isn't in theaters anymore. Mostly I use them as a guide for whether
> it will be worthwhile buying the commercial release. In the case of the
> Incredibles, judging from the screener, the commercial release should
> look fantastic. I'll be buying it.

I was just razzing you. I know it's not that big of a deal.