Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Buck Rogers Complete Series

Reply
Thread Tools

Buck Rogers Complete Series

 
 
John Doe
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-14-2004
I have a question for anyone that has this set. On your Disc 5, Side A, 4th
Episode "Testimony of a Traitor" In your video and audio messed up during
the beginning and sporadically through out that episode? Mine is. I checked
the disc and don't see any problems and I am wondering if it is a flaw in
the pressing or something.

Also, how does one go about getting that disc replaced. I purchased from
Best Buy but my return period is over. Can I contact Universal directly?

Thanks,

John


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Scott Streeter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-14-2004
"John Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> I have a question for anyone that has this set. On your Disc 5, Side A, 4th
> Episode "Testimony of a Traitor" In your video and audio messed up during
> the beginning and sporadically through out that episode? Mine is. I checked
> the disc and don't see any problems and I am wondering if it is a flaw in
> the pressing or something.
>
> Also, how does one go about getting that disc replaced. I purchased from
> Best Buy but my return period is over. Can I contact Universal directly?


I haven't gotten that far but I can take a look and report back.

--
Scott Streeter
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
John Doe
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-15-2004
Thanks that would be a big help. I sent an e-mail off to Universal and hope
they will just have me send in the disc and then send me a replacement.
First time I have gotten a bad disc. Not to bad considering I have about
5,000 DVDs.

John


"Scott Streeter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "John Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> I have a question for anyone that has this set. On your Disc 5, Side A,
>> 4th
>> Episode "Testimony of a Traitor" In your video and audio messed up during
>> the beginning and sporadically through out that episode? Mine is. I
>> checked
>> the disc and don't see any problems and I am wondering if it is a flaw in
>> the pressing or something.
>>
>> Also, how does one go about getting that disc replaced. I purchased from
>> Best Buy but my return period is over. Can I contact Universal directly?

>
> I haven't gotten that far but I can take a look and report back.
>
> --
> Scott Streeter
> (E-Mail Removed)
> http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/



 
Reply With Quote
 
Film Buff
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-15-2004
Took a look at mine and it is fine
I would try taking it back to Best Buy and see if they would replace it
After all , it is a box set that you cannot watch in one night
If you still have your receipt they should replace the defective DVD
I wouldn't put much hope in Universal


On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 06:59:36 GMT, "John Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a question for anyone that has this set. On your Disc 5, Side A, 4th
>Episode "Testimony of a Traitor" In your video and audio messed up during
>the beginning and sporadically through out that episode? Mine is. I checked
>the disc and don't see any problems and I am wondering if it is a flaw in
>the pressing or something.
>
>Also, how does one go about getting that disc replaced. I purchased from
>Best Buy but my return period is over. Can I contact Universal directly?
>
>Thanks,
>
>John
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
John Doe
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-15-2004
I already tried, it was past the 30 days and they told me to contact
Universal. I hope for the sake of customer satisfaction that they replace
the disc without a lot of fuss. Otherwise I would have to think strongly
before buying another Universal DVD.

Thanks for checking, at least I know it isn't a flaw in the master or
something.

John


"Film Buff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Took a look at mine and it is fine
> I would try taking it back to Best Buy and see if they would replace it
> After all , it is a box set that you cannot watch in one night
> If you still have your receipt they should replace the defective DVD
> I wouldn't put much hope in Universal
>
>
> On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 06:59:36 GMT, "John Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I have a question for anyone that has this set. On your Disc 5, Side A,
>>4th
>>Episode "Testimony of a Traitor" In your video and audio messed up during
>>the beginning and sporadically through out that episode? Mine is. I
>>checked
>>the disc and don't see any problems and I am wondering if it is a flaw in
>>the pressing or something.
>>
>>Also, how does one go about getting that disc replaced. I purchased from
>>Best Buy but my return period is over. Can I contact Universal directly?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>John
>>

>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Astaire & Rogers Complete Collection : $62 Goro DVD Video 1 10-28-2006 10:44 PM
New releases: Bogie & Bacall, Ultraviolet & Roy Rogers: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists Doug MacLean DVD Video 0 05-02-2006 04:39 AM
New Releases: Six Feet Under S4, Astaire & Rogers, Ice Princess: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists Doug MacLean DVD Video 0 05-10-2005 05:55 AM
Rogers or Sympatico Old Computer Support 15 11-13-2003 10:00 PM
What is the difference between A Series, G Series and S series of Canon Cameras zxcvar Digital Photography 3 09-09-2003 01:30 AM



Advertisments