Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Warner To Release 100-DVD Final Ultimate Complete Matrix Collection

Warner To Release 100-DVD Final Ultimate Complete Matrix Collection

discogail

he he...funneeeeeeee stuff............

http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/12/f...atrix_dvd.html

John Doe

I don't know why they bothered with the 10 disc set. The last 2 movies
sucked rotten eggs. Who would want to spend $89 on crap like that.

John

"discogail" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> he he...funneeeeeeee stuff............
>

> http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/12/f...atrix_dvd.html

Black Locust

In article <PBlvd.11713$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"John Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I don't know why they bothered with the 10 disc set. The last 2 movies
> sucked rotten eggs. Who would want to spend $89 on crap like that.

People often say that about Alien 3 & 4 and yet the Quadrilogy exists
anyway. Believe it or not, but some people do infact like the last 2
Matrix flicks and wanted an elaborate set like this.

BTW, you can get the set for about 50 bucks. Where did you pull that $89
crap from?

> John

Dick Sidbury

Black Locust wrote:
> In article <PBlvd.11713$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "John Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>I don't know why they bothered with the 10 disc set. The last 2 movies
>>sucked rotten eggs. Who would want to spend $89 on crap like that.

> People often say that about Alien 3 & 4 and yet the Quadrilogy exists
> anyway. Believe it or not, but some people do infact like the last 2
> Matrix flicks and wanted an elaborate set like this.
>
> BTW, you can get the set for about 50 bucks. Where did you pull that $89
> crap from?

I'm betting that it will be like Schindler's list superdeluxe edition.
In about a month when they have about a bazillion unsold copies it will
come down to about 35 or 40 dollars.

dick
-- and since I already have the three movies and animatrix I may still
not buy it.

John Doe

Best Buy, Circuit City, Etc.

John

"Black Locust" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <PBlvd.11713$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "John Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I don't know why they bothered with the 10 disc set. The last 2 movies
>> sucked rotten eggs. Who would want to spend $89 on crap like that.

> People often say that about Alien 3 & 4 and yet the Quadrilogy exists
> anyway. Believe it or not, but some people do infact like the last 2
> Matrix flicks and wanted an elaborate set like this.
>
> BTW, you can get the set for about 50 bucks. Where did you pull that $89
> crap from?
>
>> John

> --
> "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we.
> They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our
> people,
> and neither do we." - George Dumbya Bush

Joshua Zyber

"John Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_8wvd.11812$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> BTW, you can get the set for about 50 bucks. Where did you pull that
>> $89
>> crap from?

> Best Buy, Circuit City, Etc.

Best Buy has the set marked at $58.99 and Circuit City $69.99.

The MSRP is $79.92. No one is selling it for $89, unless you're talking
about the version that comes with the Keanu Reeves bust, which is much
more expensive.

And please don't top-post. It's obnoxious.

John Doe

Not in store. Here in Santa Rosa, Ca it $89.99 in store. But, even at $60 it
was too much. Movie 2 was ok, though I didn't like the to be continued
part...too stupid. The third one was the real bomb. It could have ended much
better. He didn't accomplish a damn thing in the end other than a temporary
truce at best. The Matrix is still there, the machines are still in control
and the whole stupid thing is just going happen over and over again. Really
dumb ending. Neo should have had the power to wipe the machine from the face
of the Earth. That I think is the ending people wanted to see. Humans even
used as batteries still evolve so it would have fit in. We never did know
really how long the people had been in the matrix or really how many times
it had all happened before. It could have been millions of years. So it is
possible that Neo evolved and would have had to the power to destroy the
machines. He had power outside the matrix.

Any ways...

John

"Joshua Zyber" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e6Bvd.3584$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> "John Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:_8wvd.11812$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> BTW, you can get the set for about 50 bucks. Where did you pull that $89
>>> crap from?

>> Best Buy, Circuit City, Etc.

> Best Buy has the set marked at $58.99 and Circuit City $69.99.
>
> The MSRP is $79.92. No one is selling it for $89, unless you're talking
> about the version that comes with the Keanu Reeves bust, which is much
> more expensive.
>
> And please don't top-post. It's obnoxious.

Video Flyer

On 12/14/04 6:35 AM, in article
e6Bvd.3584$(E-Mail Removed) et, "Joshua Zyber"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "John Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:_8wvd.11812$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> BTW, you can get the set for about 50 bucks. Where did you pull that
>>> $89
>>> crap from?

>> Best Buy, Circuit City, Etc.

> Best Buy has the set marked at $58.99 and Circuit City $69.99.
>
> The MSRP is $79.92. No one is selling it for $89, unless you're talking
> about the version that comes with the Keanu Reeves bust, which is much
> more expensive.
>
> And please don't top-post. It's obnoxious.

Hmmm. Give me a minute - I'm certain I can come up with something more
obnoxious than top-posting

Seriously, though. This set could be priced at US$40....even US$30....and
I'd still think it was too much. Then again, I'm not a fan. I AM a fan of
Star Trek and I STILL won't pay for the season sets even when they're being
discounted. Too much chaff to not enough wheat.

I loved the first Matrix and bought it without a single pang of "should I or
shouldn't I?" And I'll probably pick up the Animatrix sometime. Other than
that, though....

Neal

Joshua Zyber

"John Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:8%Fvd.11968$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Not in store. Here in Santa Rosa, Ca it $89.99 in store.

Yes, "in store". I bought the box set at Best Buy "in store" yesterday
for $58.99. The MSRP is less than the $89.99 that you claim stores are
charging. Stores don't charge more than the MSRP.

Are you really "dvdguy2" using a new posting name?

I will ask you again not to top-post. It is very obnoxious.

Joe S

Joshua Zyber wrote:

> "John Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:8%Fvd.11968$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Not in store. Here in Santa Rosa, Ca it $89.99 in store.

> Yes, "in store". I bought the box set at Best Buy "in store" yesterday
> for $58.99. The MSRP is less than the $89.99 that you claim stores are
> charging. Stores don't charge more than the MSRP.
>
> Are you really "dvdguy2" using a new posting name?

OMG I forgot about dvdguy2!!!!!! Did he just disappear, or did something
fun happen?

Joe