Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Warner To Release 100-DVD Final Ultimate Complete Matrix Collection

Warner To Release 100-DVD Final Ultimate Complete Matrix Collection

ominousspiritous

"Video Flyer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BDE491E9.4254%(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 12/14/04 6:35 AM, in article
> e6Bvd.3584$(E-Mail Removed) et, "Joshua Zyber"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > "John Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:_8wvd.11812$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >> Best Buy, Circuit City, Etc.

> > Best Buy has the set marked at $58.99 and Circuit City $69.99.
> >
> > The MSRP is $79.92. No one is selling it for $89, unless you're talking
> > about the version that comes with the Keanu Reeves bust, which is much
> > more expensive.
> >
> > And please don't top-post. It's obnoxious.
> >

> Hmmm. Give me a minute - I'm certain I can come up with something more
> obnoxious than top-posting
>
> Seriously, though. This set could be priced at US$40....even US$30....and
> I'd still think it was too much. Then again, I'm not a fan. I AM a fan of
> Star Trek and I STILL won't pay for the season sets even when they're

being
> discounted. Too much chaff to not enough wheat.
>
> I loved the first Matrix and bought it without a single pang of "should I

or
> shouldn't I?" And I'll probably pick up the Animatrix sometime. Other than
> that, though....

The Matrix in the box set has a new/better transfer with some fun new
commentary track(one by to philosophy profs. and one by two film critics who
didn't like the films) that I think are pretty amusing.

As far as the animatrix goes, I'd give it a seven out of ten and worth the
money.

As for the last two films, you're on your own... =)
jb

jayembee

Joe S <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> OMG I forgot about dvdguy2!!!!!! Did he just disappear, or did something
> fun happen?

He resurfaced as "waterperson77". Every time enough time goes by that
I think he might be gone for good, he pops up again, posts for about a
week, and then disappears for another while.

-- jayembee

Black Locust

In article <_8wvd.11812$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"John Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Best Buy, Circuit City, Etc.

My ass. I saw it in Best Buy for $52.99 last week. Even the "Deluxe
Edition"(or whatever it's called) with the Neo statue thing was selling
under $89.

> John

Dick Sidbury

Black Locust wrote:
> In article <_8wvd.11812$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "John Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Best Buy, Circuit City, Etc.

> My ass. I saw it in Best Buy for $52.99 last week. Even the "Deluxe
> Edition"(or whatever it's called) with the Neo statue thing was selling
> under $89.
>

>>John

At my best buy the "cheap" one was somewhere in the 50's (probably the
52.99 that you saw but I don't remember.) But they did have two copies
of the deluxe version and it was 89.99.

dick
-- they may still have several copies left