Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > iMovie 4.0.1 won't show "Add Chapters" in iDVD pane?

iMovie 4.0.1 won't show "Add Chapters" in iDVD pane?

Paul Soderman

I'm still really getting used to iMovie and iDVD, but lately I realized that
it would be a relatively simple thing to have chapters set in iMovie, before
starting up or importing to iDVD. When I did this a couple of weeks ago,
just playing around with the application, I dragged some clips to the clip
viewer part of iMovie and then clicked on the iDVD pane. It showed buttons
or choices to "Add Chapter" "Remove Chapter" and "Create iDVD Project".
Since I was only experimenting, I didn't save the work, figuring that when I
got serious, I could do this.

I figured out how to have several clips put within one Chapter marker and
things seemed just fine and dandy. The next time I tried to do this,
however, while the iDVD pane opens up after I've selected the clips, there
are no buttons to be seen anywhere! I looked in the Preferences but didn't
see anything to make them show. Is there something I should do in order to
get this to show again? Simply dragging the clips back to where the iDVD
chapters would be located causes the Clip Storage area to become visible
again.

I've already reinstalled iMovie from the iLife disc, to no avail. I'm
running OS 10.3.6 on a G4 with lots of RAM.

Thanks for any help!

CANON HV20 work perfect with imovie 6 Gianny Digital Photography 0 10-30-2007 02:46 AM
New version of iPhoto and iMovie out Wayne J. Cosshall Digital Photography 0 08-07-2007 10:37 PM
Canon SD300 to iMovie via USB Possible? Edward Westin Digital Photography 4 01-24-2005 07:07 AM
Mac iDVD 4.0? Derek Janssen DVD Video 3 03-01-2004 08:04 PM
iMovie 2 for Mac CD free to good home. Jamie Kahn Genet NZ Computing 0 01-13-2004 02:08 PM

Advertisments