Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Can we use any cd-r disc to burn a dvd ?

Reply
Thread Tools

Can we use any cd-r disc to burn a dvd ?

 
 
Jean Parent
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-08-2004

Hello

Can we use any cd-r disc to burn a dvd, or we need dvd-r disc to do it
better ?

I would buy a dvd burner but would use my cd-r disc .

thanx

J. P.
--

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Pug Fugley
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-08-2004
HUH?


"Jean Parent" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cp5nlt$fd4$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> Hello
>
> Can we use any cd-r disc to burn a dvd, or we need dvd-r disc to do it
> better ?
>
> I would buy a dvd burner but would use my cd-r disc .
>
> thanx
>
> J. P.
> --
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
SoHillsGuy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-08-2004
<< Can we use any cd-r disc to burn a dvd, or we need dvd-r disc to do it
better ? >><BR><BR>


No, you can't use a CD-R disc to burn a DVD.

You can use it to make a VCD, though.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Larry
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-08-2004
In article <cp5nlt$fd4$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
>
> Hello
>
> Can we use any cd-r disc to burn a dvd, or we need dvd-r disc to do it
> better ?
>
> I would buy a dvd burner but would use my cd-r disc .
>
> thanx
>
> J. P.
> --
>
>


No, thats why they call them DVD, to inform you that it is NOT a CD.

A blank CD only holds between 650 to 800 MEGABYTES of data.

A blank DVD can hold nearly 4 GIGABYTES of data.

A DVD burner requires blank DVD disks to make a dvd.

The price on blank DVDs has come WAY down recently, Im currently buying them
for $30 (US) per hundred.


--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Nicholas Andrade
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-08-2004
Larry wrote:
> In article <cp5nlt$fd4$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>
>>Hello
>>
>>Can we use any cd-r disc to burn a dvd, or we need dvd-r disc to do it
>>better ?
>>
>>I would buy a dvd burner but would use my cd-r disc .
>>
>>thanx
>>
>>J. P.
>>--
>>
>>

>
>
> No, thats why they call them DVD, to inform you that it is NOT a CD.
>
> A blank CD only holds between 650 to 800 MEGABYTES of data.
>
> A blank DVD can hold nearly 4 GIGABYTES of data.
>
> A DVD burner requires blank DVD disks to make a dvd.
>
> The price on blank DVDs has come WAY down recently, Im currently buying them
> for $30 (US) per hundred.
>
>

A database of hackable players is availavle here:
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

Another possibility if the original poster has a DVD burner on a
computer is that you could rip the disc and then reburn the DVD. You
will most likely lose quality, but it's simple to do. Instructions on
the process are on the same site at the database.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Nicholas Andrade
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-08-2004
Nicholas Andrade wrote:
> Larry wrote:
>
>> In article <cp5nlt$fd4$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
>> says...
>>
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> Can we use any cd-r disc to burn a dvd, or we need dvd-r disc to do it
>>> better ?
>>>
>>> I would buy a dvd burner but would use my cd-r disc .
>>>
>>> thanx
>>>
>>> J. P.
>>> --
>>>
>>>

>>
>>
>> No, thats why they call them DVD, to inform you that it is NOT a CD.
>>
>> A blank CD only holds between 650 to 800 MEGABYTES of data.
>>
>> A blank DVD can hold nearly 4 GIGABYTES of data.
>>
>> A DVD burner requires blank DVD disks to make a dvd.
>>
>> The price on blank DVDs has come WAY down recently, Im currently
>> buying them for $30 (US) per hundred.
>>
>>

> A database of hackable players is availavle here:
> http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks
>
> Another possibility if the original poster has a DVD burner on a
> computer is that you could rip the disc and then reburn the DVD. You
> will most likely lose quality, but it's simple to do. Instructions on
> the process are on the same site at the database.

Whoops, I meant to repsond to the DVD Region thread.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Developwebsites
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-09-2004
>
>The price on blank DVDs has come WAY down recently, Im currently buying them
>for $30 (US) per hundred.


not bad. I buy TDK cd-rs for 0.20c each.
but do you really need all that space?

 
Reply With Quote
 
Nicholas Andrade
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-09-2004
Developwebsites wrote:
>>The price on blank DVDs has come WAY down recently, Im currently buying them
>>for $30 (US) per hundred.

>
>
> not bad. I buy TDK cd-rs for 0.20c each.
> but do you really need all that space?
>

There's a whole lot of pr0n out there
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Convert and Burn any video formats to DVD Video Disc directly. windhello DVD Video 1 06-24-2009 10:42 AM
How do I burn a DVD to another DVD (blank disc) when my computer has only one DVD burner? Shenan Stanley DVD Video 6 03-13-2007 01:16 AM
is it possible to burn DVD-R onto a DVD+R disc? Dr Nick Computer Information 8 10-18-2006 11:32 PM
Know how to burn 2 single-layer (DVD-5) discs to 1 double-layer (DVD-9) disc? otivo DVD Video 7 02-26-2006 03:16 PM
Neep help to burn dvd from hard drive to disc DVD Crash DVD Video 0 12-04-2005 01:34 AM



Advertisments