Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > What do you guys think of this DVD/VHS player?

What do you guys think of this DVD/VHS player?

ZForce

The Sony SLV-D350P. I'm looking to buy my Dad his first DVD player. He has
had is TV for about 15 years and it's finally crapping out on him...so
knowing he's in the market for a new TV I thought I'd buy him this for
Christmas. His VCR is kinda old too, or I'd just go with a DVD player.

So, any recommendations? If no, what do you like? Must be <than $140

FAQmeister

"ZForce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Z%_rd.5448$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com
> The Sony SLV-D350P. I'm looking to buy my Dad his first DVD player.
> He has had is TV for about 15 years and it's finally crapping out on
> him...so knowing he's in the market for a new TV I thought I'd buy
> him this for Christmas. His VCR is kinda old too, or I'd just go
> with a DVD player.
>
> So, any recommendations? If no, what do you like? Must be <than $140

I have a combo unit and have to admit now that the tape transports are
really poor quality and it's like putting all your eggs in one basket.
Better to have separate units.
--
Buford T. Justice
The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:

DVDfanatico

Maybe you should get him a combo DVD+-RW/VCR unit with VCR+. They're really
helpful for making back-ups of VHS tapes. I know Sony makes one.

-DVDfanatico

> "ZForce" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
>Date: 12/3/2004 6:49 AM Pacific Standard Time
>
>The Sony SLV-D350P. I'm looking to buy my Dad his first DVD player. He has
>had is TV for about 15 years and it's finally crapping out on him...so
>knowing he's in the market for a new TV I thought I'd buy him this for
>Christmas. His VCR is kinda old too, or I'd just go with a DVD player.
>
>So, any recommendations? If no, what do you like? Must be <than $140

Pug Fugley

Any DVD/VCR combo is junk. Buy seperate units, save some money, and get
better components.

"ZForce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Z%_rd.5448$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com...
> The Sony SLV-D350P. I'm looking to buy my Dad his first DVD player. He

has
> had is TV for about 15 years and it's finally crapping out on him...so
> knowing he's in the market for a new TV I thought I'd buy him this for
> Christmas. His VCR is kinda old too, or I'd just go with a DVD player.
>
> So, any recommendations? If no, what do you like? Must be <than $140

LASERandDVDfan

>Maybe you should get him a combo DVD+-RW/VCR unit with VCR+. They're really
>helpful for making back-ups of VHS tapes. I know Sony makes one.

The great thing about the Sony DVD Recorder/VCR combo is that it will support
all recordable DVD formats except DVD-RAM.

That being said, I'm with the concensus that the original poster should
purchase separates. The DVD/VCR combo decks, regardless of manufacturer, are
not built very well. - Reinhart

Jon Purkey

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 08:49:05 -0600, "ZForce" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>The Sony SLV-D350P. I'm looking to buy my Dad his first DVD player. He has
>had is TV for about 15 years and it's finally crapping out on him...so
>knowing he's in the market for a new TV I thought I'd buy him this for
>Christmas. His VCR is kinda old too, or I'd just go with a DVD player.

I've been happy with my Panasonic E75 VCR/DVD Recorder. It makes
copying tape to DVD very easy. And the VCR seems to be well made and
so far has had no problems locking onto tapes. I mainly went with a
combo unit due to limited space and because I needed a new VCR anyway.

-
-Jon Purkey - <(E-Mail Removed))

If you think you must modify the hash, think again David Mark Javascript 17 03-23-2010 08:08 PM
if you guys go non-hybrid blu-ray or hd-dvd.... you guys may be looking at laserdisc/sacd type sales. Doc Martian DVD Video 2 03-23-2006 06:01 PM
I think you guys converted me... John Salerno HTML 11 02-06-2006 04:52 PM
what do you guys think.. Darren MCSE 4 04-06-2005 02:28 AM
new pc, what do you guys think? kwijlebabulus Computer Information 10 09-08-2004 02:02 PM

Advertisments