Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Need Info/Opinions on Lens Cleaners

Need Info/Opinions on Lens Cleaners

Aphelion

I have a Maxell DVD-LC lens cleaner that I used on my ancient Sony player
before it finally died after four good years. I've got a brand new
Panasonic F87S 5-disc progressive scan, and it's amazing, so I'm kind of
hesitant, or overly cautious about using the cleaning disc. Can these be
harmful in any way?

Aphelion

Tarkus

On 12/1/2004 5:06:58 PM, Aphelion wrote:

> I have a Maxell DVD-LC lens cleaner that I used on my ancient Sony
> player before it finally died after four good years. I've got a brand
> new Panasonic F87S 5-disc progressive scan, and it's amazing, so I'm
> kind of hesitant, or overly cautious about using the cleaning disc.
> Can these be harmful in any way?

Yes, I would only use one as a last resort. That is, your player is
experiencing problems playing discs and you don't want to have it
serviced.
--
"I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish!
Not like going down to the pond and chasing bluegills and tommycocks.

Biz

"Aphelion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:SUtrd.31406$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a Maxell DVD-LC lens cleaner that I used on my ancient Sony player
> before it finally died after four good years. I've got a brand new
> Panasonic F87S 5-disc progressive scan, and it's amazing, so I'm kind of
> hesitant, or overly cautious about using the cleaning disc. Can these be
> harmful in any way?

If your player is working flawlessly, never ever use a lens cleaner. If it
starts struggling on disks you know are not scratched/dirty, and they play
fine in another player, and you live in a dirty environment(smokers/heavy
dust), then you can clean it with a lens cleaner IF you dont plan on sending
it in for repairs/maintenance.