Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Netflix Priority Status on Orders

Netflix Priority Status on Orders

Reginald Dwight

In article <x9trd.5935$Hk6.840@trnddc05>,
"kaydigi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Don't do it on Tuesday do it on Monday. Netflix processes Tuesday releases
> on Monday. OTOH I did have Spiderman 2 as Shortwait on Wed but shipped out
> today.

Actually you need to do it on Friday. They don't process on Saturday so
the videos received on Saturday are dealt with first and the videos that
are received on Monday will generally lose out.

Incremental Jones

"Gary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Lets say you place a title as number one on a DVD that is released on
> Tuesday. Then you find that you not only are not going to get the title,
> but
> its on Short Wait, then Long Wait, and finally Very Long Wait.
>
> What is the freaking formula that Netfix uses to prioritize you?

Netshitts has shills who post here a lot and will tell you Netflix never
does any such thing, even though it's quite clear they do.
So, take any pro-Netflix answers with a truckload of salt.

kaydigi

"Reginald Dwight" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <x9trd.5935$Hk6.840@trnddc05>,
> "kaydigi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Don't do it on Tuesday do it on Monday. Netflix processes Tuesday
>> releases
>> on Monday. OTOH I did have Spiderman 2 as Shortwait on Wed but shipped
>> out
>> today.

> Actually you need to do it on Friday. They don't process on Saturday so
> the videos received on Saturday are dealt with first and the videos that
> are received on Monday will generally lose out.

I meant saturday so on monday they process Tuesday's releases.

Reginald Dwight

In article <IjKrd.12050$xk5.11904@trnddc09>,
"kaydigi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Reginald Dwight" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Actually you need to do it on Friday. They don't process on Saturday so
> > the videos received on Saturday are dealt with first and the videos that
> > are received on Monday will generally lose out.

> I meant saturday so on monday they process Tuesday's releases.

But that's exactly what I meant - the disc needs to be at the Netflix
hub *ON* Saturday to get the release as they will process those first on
Monday. If you mail on Saturday (assuming your distance from the hub
makes it possible to have the disc get there in one day) they get the
disc Monday also but your chances of getting a new, high-profile release
goes down to almost zero.

Tarkus

On 12/2/2004 11:47:52 AM, kaydigi wrote:

> "Reginald Dwight" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In article <x9trd.5935$Hk6.840@trnddc05>,
>> "kaydigi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Don't do it on Tuesday do it on Monday. Netflix processes Tuesday
>>> releases on Monday. OTOH I did have Spiderman 2 as Shortwait on Wed
>>> but shipped out today.

>> Actually you need to do it on Friday. They don't process on Saturday
>> so the videos received on Saturday are dealt with first and the
>> videos that are received on Monday will generally lose out.

> I meant saturday so on monday they process Tuesday's releases.

And he meant Friday, so that on Monday they process Tuesday's releases
for you first. Personally, I'm not sure it makes a difference, but the
point was, either way they're going to process Tuesday's releases for
you, but the theory is that they process Saturday deliveries first ON
MONDAY.
--
"What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating
machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is

Reginald Dwight

In article <1lpyj3tq3pc87$(E-Mail Removed)9.com>,
Tarkus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Personally, I'm not sure it makes a difference,

For the record, I tried it a couple of times and it did cause me to not
get the release on that occasion.