Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Where's the insert in my Superbit Spider-Man 2?

Where's the insert in my Superbit Spider-Man 2?

Zontar

I thought Superbit titles were supposed to be premium
purchases? I picked up the Superbit Spider-Man 2 and
there is no chapter insert, only the generic Superbit
info insert. Come to think of it, I picked up the
Superbit Cliffhanger that came out a few weeks ago
and it didn't have a chapter insert either. Is this
a new trend with Superbit titles? All of my early
Superbit purchases had chapter inserts (Fifth Element,
Spider-Man, ...).

Scott Streeter

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Zontar) writes:

> I thought Superbit titles were supposed to be premium
> purchases? I picked up the Superbit Spider-Man 2 and
> there is no chapter insert, only the generic Superbit
> info insert. Come to think of it, I picked up the
> Superbit Cliffhanger that came out a few weeks ago
> and it didn't have a chapter insert either. Is this
> a new trend with Superbit titles? All of my early
> Superbit purchases had chapter inserts (Fifth Element,
> Spider-Man, ...).

Superbit is 1 disc with DTS. The "regular" version is a 2-disc with
tons of extras, no DTS. Superbit is hyped up crap if you ask me. DTS
is nice but the 2 disc set has more for less money. You do the math.

--
Scott Streeter
(E-Mail Removed)

Derek Janssen

Zontar wrote:

> I thought Superbit titles were supposed to be premium
> purchases?

(It's scary...Two years later, we're STILL getting these posts!)

Derek Janssen (look, the rest of us're tired of posting the "It's just a
remarketing device, OKAY??" disclaimers, so maybe we should get a
support group started)
(E-Mail Removed)

Aphelion

> Superbit is 1 disc with DTS. The "regular" version is a 2-disc with
> tons of extras, no DTS. Superbit is hyped up crap if you ask me. DTS
> is nice but the 2 disc set has more for less money. You do the math.

Aren't they supposed to have superior video quality?

Aphelion

John Doe

They have a superior price, but that is about it IMO. Like HDTV it's a
market gimmick.

John

"Aphelion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:EEsrd.42261$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Superbit is 1 disc with DTS. The "regular" version is a 2-disc with
>> tons of extras, no DTS. Superbit is hyped up crap if you ask me. DTS
>> is nice but the 2 disc set has more for less money. You do the math.

> Aren't they supposed to have superior video quality?
>

> Aphelion

Jordan Lund

(E-Mail Removed) (Zontar) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) om>...
> I thought Superbit titles were supposed to be premium
> purchases? I picked up the Superbit Spider-Man 2 and
> there is no chapter insert, only the generic Superbit
> info insert. Come to think of it, I picked up the
> Superbit Cliffhanger that came out a few weeks ago
> and it didn't have a chapter insert either. Is this
> a new trend with Superbit titles? All of my early
> Superbit purchases had chapter inserts (Fifth Element,
> Spider-Man, ...).

It's not just Superbit. Most of the new releases I've picked up
haven't come with any insert (including high profile releases like
Shrek 2.)

Hmmmm... I wonder if there's a niche for after-market DVD liner notes?

- Jordan

Wild Coyote

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 00:54:13 GMT, "John Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>They have a superior price, but that is about it IMO. Like HDTV it's a
>market gimmick.
>
>John
>

>"Aphelion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:EEsrd.42261$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>> Superbit is 1 disc with DTS. The "regular" version is a 2-disc with
>>> tons of extras, no DTS. Superbit is hyped up crap if you ask me. DTS
>>> is nice but the 2 disc set has more for less money. You do the math.

>> Aren't they supposed to have superior video quality?
>>

>> Aphelion

HDTV..a market gimmick. You mean the difference I see is not really
there?

--
The Day PP was speechless, April 20, 2004.

"This may actually be the strangest idea ever in abp. I think you got
me, WC--I'm speechless. A guy in a female road runner suit... that's
just not right."

Wild Coyote
wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com

Tarkus

On 12/1/2004 4:54:13 PM, John Doe wrote:

> They have a superior price, but that is about it IMO. Like HDTV it's a
> market gimmick.

HDTV is a market gimmick? That's funny.
--
"It Mu5t Be Found."

Biz

"Aphelion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:EEsrd.42261$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Superbit is 1 disc with DTS. The "regular" version is a 2-disc with
> > tons of extras, no DTS. Superbit is hyped up crap if you ask me. DTS
> > is nice but the 2 disc set has more for less money. You do the math.

> Aren't they supposed to have superior video quality?

They do if you have the equipment to showcase the improvements. Regular tv
sets and cheap dvd players will not show the improvements. Hi end displays,
projectors, and decent PQ/SQ (picture quality/sound quality)gear are
necessary to see and hear the difference.

Biz

If you cant see the staggering visual difference between 720x480, and up to
1920x1080, I suggest you walk/run to your eye doctor, yes walk/run, you
shouldnt be driving...

If you want to do an experiment, take a hi res photo froma digital camera,
you can usually get one at 1920x1080 or higher on any 3MP or higher camera.

Now use your photo-editing software and create a downresed 720x480 version
of the same photo

"John Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:VItrd.8804$(E-Mail Removed)...
> They have a superior price, but that is about it IMO. Like HDTV it's a
> market gimmick.
>
> John
>

> "Aphelion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:EEsrd.42261$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Superbit is 1 disc with DTS. The "regular" version is a 2-disc with
> >> tons of extras, no DTS. Superbit is hyped up crap if you ask me. DTS
> >> is nice but the 2 disc set has more for less money. You do the math.

> > Aren't they supposed to have superior video quality?
> >

> > Aphelion

Lawrence of Arabia superbit release Raul Bloodworth DVD Video 15 09-12-2003 12:58 AM
New Lawrence SuperBit PNeski DVD Video 0 09-05-2003 10:59 PM
New Releases: More Superbit, Beatles from 1964: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists Doug MacLean DVD Video 0 08-28-2003 04:01 AM
Reviews: Gangs Of New York (R2 - DTS) & Legends Of The Fall (R2 - Superbit). Chris Marin DVD Video 0 07-06-2003 12:12 PM
Re: New Releases: Larry Cohen Update, Dr. Who, Superbit: Updatedcomplete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists Matthew L. Martin DVD Video 0 07-03-2003 01:30 PM

Advertisments