Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Inappropriate To Post Link To Amazon DVDs For Sale Here?

Inappropriate To Post Link To Amazon DVDs For Sale Here?

solipsistic@earthlink.net

Is it inapproriate to post a single link here for Amazon DVDs I have
for sale? Thanks.

Mike Jackson

> Is it inapproriate to post a single link here for Amazon DVDs I have
> for sale? Thanks.

Check their TOS. I believe that violates it.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...351818-0384746

Mike Jackson
Editor & Web Developer, DVD Verdict
www.dvdverdict.com

solipsistic@earthlink.net

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 11:20:09 -0800, "Mike Jackson"
<(E-Mail Removed)-dog.net> wrote:

>> Is it inapproriate to post a single link here for Amazon DVDs I have
>> for sale? Thanks.

>Check their TOS. I believe that violates it.
>
>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...351818-0384746

Hell, I 'm not terribly concerned with ****ing off Amazon or even
being in violation of policy but thoguht that it might be problematic
if I posted a link here and the regulars of this ng got their panties
in a bunch : )

Mike Kohary

> On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 11:20:09 -0800, "Mike Jackson"
> <(E-Mail Removed)-dog.net> wrote:
>
>>> Is it inapproriate to post a single link here for Amazon DVDs I have
>>> for sale? Thanks.

>> Check their TOS. I believe that violates it.
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...351818-0384746

> Hell, I 'm not terribly concerned with ****ing off Amazon or even
> being in violation of policy but thoguht that it might be problematic
> if I posted a link here and the regulars of this ng got their panties
> in a bunch : )

In *this* newsgroup? Never...

Biz

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 11:20:09 -0800, "Mike Jackson"
> <(E-Mail Removed)-dog.net> wrote:
>
> >> Is it inapproriate to post a single link here for Amazon DVDs I have
> >> for sale? Thanks.

> >Check their TOS. I believe that violates it.
> >
> >http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...351818-0384746

> Hell, I 'm not terribly concerned with ****ing off Amazon or even
> being in violation of policy but thoguht that it might be problematic
> if I posted a link here and the regulars of this ng got their panties
> in a bunch : )

If you want it to sell on Amazon, dont violate their policies, otherwise
they'll just pull it.

solipsistic@earthlink.net

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 04:10:06 GMT, "Biz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

>> >Check their TOS. I believe that violates it.
>> >
>> >http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...351818-0384746

>> Hell, I 'm not terribly concerned with ****ing off Amazon or even
>> being in violation of policy but thoguht that it might be problematic
>> if I posted a link here and the regulars of this ng got their panties
>> in a bunch : )
>>

>If you want it to sell on Amazon, dont violate their policies, otherwise
>they'll just pull it.

With all due respect and perhaps I am naive but do you think that
Amazon is trolling this ng looking for people who are selling on
Amazon and who also are posting that they have merchandize for sale
here or are people here inclined to narc me out. Maybe I confused the
issue. This is what I wanted to do:

Subject: Always Lowest Priced Used DVDs For Sale On Amazon
Text: All our lowest price DVD's for sale on Amazon can be accessed
from this one URL:

http://tinyurl.com/thisisjustanexample

Check us out!

>>If you want it to sell on Amazon, dont violate their policies,

And frankly I read or skimmed the entire TOS, Participation Agreement,
( thanks Biz for the link ) and although I did not follow any branched
links it does not appear that posting here about items for sale on
Amazon is a violation though if anyone knows differently please
enlighten me.

3W

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Subject: Always Lowest Priced Used DVDs For Sale On Amazon
> Text: All our lowest price DVD's for sale on Amazon can be accessed
> from this one URL:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/thisisjustanexample
>
> Check us out!

I just reported you to Amazon for violation of their policy. Your account
will soon be closed.

Just kidding.