Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Macrovision question?

Macrovision question?

Hagar

I have seen a couple of posts about equipment made for countries south of
the US not having Macrovision. The border is quite a way from me but I
would make the trip if I can find out if the info is true.

We have a large projection TV that we really like but when I feed it from
a dvd player it puts green lines diagnally across the picture. The
picture from the VCR fuzzes and will actually roll on occasion - and I
haven't seen a tv picture roll for years.

A techie friend tells me that it is false triggering from the crappy MV
built into the equipment that is the culprit. He showed me by hooking up
a professional player and the picture was crystal clear. He also had some
kind of filter that he hooked between my player and TV and it also
cleared up the problem. However, I really can't afford the thousands
required for professional equipment.

Anybody know about the truth of no MV on non US stuff?

Thanks all
Hagar

kaydigi

"Hagar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have seen a couple of posts about equipment made for countries south of
> the US not having Macrovision. The border is quite a way from me but I
> would make the trip if I can find out if the info is true.
>
> We have a large projection TV that we really like but when I feed it from
> a dvd player it puts green lines diagnally across the picture. The
> picture from the VCR fuzzes and will actually roll on occasion - and I
> haven't seen a tv picture roll for years.
>
> A techie friend tells me that it is false triggering from the crappy MV
> built into the equipment that is the culprit. He showed me by hooking up
> a professional player and the picture was crystal clear. He also had some
> kind of filter that he hooked between my player and TV and it also
> cleared up the problem. However, I really can't afford the thousands
> required for professional equipment.
>
> Anybody know about the truth of no MV on non US stuff?
>
> Thanks all
> Hagar

The adapter you are looking for cost about $25 bucks. Try doing a google
search on Marcrovision remover or RF modulator.

luminos

The most sophisticated of macrovision and allied copy protection in the US
can be removed by the new Sima color corrector or the Sima GoDVD
device...about $80.

"Joe McC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41aab196$0$564$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Hagar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have seen a couple of posts about equipment made for countries south of
>> the US not having Macrovision. The border is quite a way from me but I
>> would make the trip if I can find out if the info is true.
>>
>> We have a large projection TV that we really like but when I feed it from
>> a dvd player it puts green lines diagnally across the picture. The
>> picture from the VCR fuzzes and will actually roll on occasion - and I
>> haven't seen a tv picture roll for years.
>>
>> A techie friend tells me that it is false triggering from the crappy MV
>> built into the equipment that is the culprit. He showed me by hooking up
>> a professional player and the picture was crystal clear. He also had
>> some
>> kind of filter that he hooked between my player and TV and it also
>> cleared up the problem. However, I really can't afford the thousands
>> required for professional equipment.
>>
>> Anybody know about the truth of no MV on non US stuff?
>>
>> Thanks all
>> Hagar

> Hagar, can't speak for US / non US stock, but macrovision can be easily
> bypassed by purchasing an adapted dvd to video / tv scart cable for around
> $30 via ebay. Alternatively, most machines can be adapted by being
> chipped.
>

> (My own setup is dvd to video to tv, with the MV disabling cable
> connecting my DVD player to the VCR)
>
> Hope that helps

David E. Bath

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Hagar <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> I have seen a couple of posts about equipment made for countries south of
> the US not having Macrovision. The border is quite a way from me but I
> would make the trip if I can find out if the info is true.
>
> We have a large projection TV that we really like but when I feed it from
> a dvd player it puts green lines diagnally across the picture. The
> picture from the VCR fuzzes and will actually roll on occasion - and I
> haven't seen a tv picture roll for years.
>
> A techie friend tells me that it is false triggering from the crappy MV
> built into the equipment that is the culprit. He showed me by hooking up
> a professional player and the picture was crystal clear. He also had some
> kind of filter that he hooked between my player and TV and it also
> cleared up the problem. However, I really can't afford the thousands
> required for professional equipment.
>
> Anybody know about the truth of no MV on non US stuff?
>
> Thanks all
> Hagar

Check videoguys.com, they sell several units that will do what you
need.

Joe McC

"Hagar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have seen a couple of posts about equipment made for countries south of
> the US not having Macrovision. The border is quite a way from me but I
> would make the trip if I can find out if the info is true.
>
> We have a large projection TV that we really like but when I feed it from
> a dvd player it puts green lines diagnally across the picture. The
> picture from the VCR fuzzes and will actually roll on occasion - and I
> haven't seen a tv picture roll for years.
>
> A techie friend tells me that it is false triggering from the crappy MV
> built into the equipment that is the culprit. He showed me by hooking up
> a professional player and the picture was crystal clear. He also had some
> kind of filter that he hooked between my player and TV and it also
> cleared up the problem. However, I really can't afford the thousands
> required for professional equipment.
>
> Anybody know about the truth of no MV on non US stuff?
>
> Thanks all
> Hagar

Hagar, can't speak for US / non US stock, but macrovision can be easily
bypassed by purchasing an adapted dvd to video / tv scart cable for around
$30 via ebay. Alternatively, most machines can be adapted by being chipped.

(My own setup is dvd to video to tv, with the MV disabling cable connecting
my DVD player to the VCR)

Hope that helps

Jordan Lund

Hagar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..

> We have a large projection TV that we really like but when I feed it from
> a dvd player it puts green lines diagnally across the picture. The
> picture from the VCR fuzzes and will actually roll on occasion - and I
> haven't seen a tv picture roll for years.

The problem is that you have your DVD player connected to the VCR.
Most big screen sets have multiple inputs on them. Use one set for the
DVD player and a different set for the VCR. Viola! Problem solved!

p.s. Most people don't know this... but you used to be able to easily
defeat Macrovision by running a cable from the a/v OUT on a big screen
to a VCR. That way you can record DVDs to tape. Although I don't know
why you would want to.

- Jordan

New Photoshop CS Contains Macrovision Spyware Rick Digital Photography 411 01-20-2005 09:23 PM
Macrovision Right or Wrong? JethroUK© DVD Video 132 09-05-2003 11:24 AM
Re: Macrovision Spot DVD Video 1 09-01-2003 12:31 AM
Code Free macrovision free dvd player xwing Man DVD Video 0 08-22-2003 01:07 PM
REQ:Macrovision hack ALBA 109 BIG J DVD Video 0 08-16-2003 07:47 PM

Advertisments