Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Dawn of the Dead - The Original...

Dawn of the Dead - The Original...

news.dslextreme.com

Hello All,

Is there actually an uncut 139 minute version of the original movie
available in the U.S?

Thanks,
Martin.

Invid Fan

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, news.dslextreme.com
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Is there actually an uncut 139 minute version of the original movie
> available in the U.S?

The "Ultimate Eddition" box set contains the 127 minute version the
director prefers, a 139 minute extended version, and a 118 minute
version Dario Argento made that "contains numerous scene extensions,
and skips over several scenes from the North American versions".

-'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

M.B.

Invid Fan wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, news.dslextreme.com
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Hello All,
>>
>>Is there actually an uncut 139 minute version of the original movie
>>available in the U.S?
>>

> The "Ultimate Eddition" box set contains the 127 minute version the
> director prefers, a 139 minute extended version, and a 118 minute
> version Dario Argento made that "contains numerous scene extensions,
> and skips over several scenes from the North American versions".

Which, BTW, is an excellent DVD along with the several different
commentaries and other extras. My biggest complaint, though, is that
they don't contain English subtitles.