Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Help With Newsgroup

Help With Newsgroup

Barbara

Hi,

I know I am in the wrong newsgroup, but I can't seem to find the right topic
when I do a search. Could someone please point me to the right newsgroup(s)?
And please, read what I need before you reply, thanks.

NEEDS/QUESTION:

I have several of the small Hi8 camcorder tapes filled with personal
footage. I want to ultimately, using my PC, get the footage onto DVD in good
quality.

Again, I'd appreciate all pointers to the right newsgroup(s).

Thank You. Babs

Biz

www.videohelp.com
www.digitalfaq.com
www.doom9.org

"Barbara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I know I am in the wrong newsgroup, but I can't seem to find the right

topic
> when I do a search. Could someone please point me to the right

newsgroup(s)?
> And please, read what I need before you reply, thanks.
>
> NEEDS/QUESTION:
>
> I have several of the small Hi8 camcorder tapes filled with personal
> footage. I want to ultimately, using my PC, get the footage onto DVD in

good
> quality.
>
> Again, I'd appreciate all pointers to the right newsgroup(s).
>
> Thank You. Babs

Del March

<< Again, I'd appreciate all pointers to the right newsgroup(s). >><BR><BR>
Not really a newsgroup, but go explore the forums at dvdrhelp.com What you
want to do is not a simple process, but dvdrhelp.com covers all the bases.

Sport

"Barbara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

> Again, I'd appreciate all pointers to the right newsgroup(s).

You might try:

rec.video.desktop
rec.video.dvd.tech

or look through the whole rec.video.* lineup

David E. Bath

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Barbara" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Hi,
>
> I know I am in the wrong newsgroup, but I can't seem to find the right topic
> when I do a search. Could someone please point me to the right newsgroup(s)?
> And please, read what I need before you reply, thanks.
>
> NEEDS/QUESTION:
>
> I have several of the small Hi8 camcorder tapes filled with personal
> footage. I want to ultimately, using my PC, get the footage onto DVD in good
> quality.
>
> Again, I'd appreciate all pointers to the right newsgroup(s).
>
> Thank You. Babs

This is discussed on rec.video quite often.