Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > what's the best certification hierarchy?

what's the best certification hierarchy?

Oleg Zhovnir

Haven't got any certifications, but am looking to acquire some. What would
be the best track to take? What would be the best resources to use to study
for these exams (practice exams)?

-Oleg

Robert Gruen [MSFT]

Oleg,

The certification track depends complete on what your goal is. For
instance, if you are interested in becoming a database administrator you'd
want to get the MCDBA certification, for application development you'd
probably want your MCAD or MCSD. Please have a look at the certification
homepage for more complete information:
http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/default.asp.

As far as study materials are concerned this is again completely up to the
person persuing certification. For instance, I study better when taking
sample tests, a colleague of mine studies better by reading the Microsoft
Press preparation guides. All of this information is presented on the
certification web site. Have a look there and get back to me if you have
any additional questions.

Thanks! Robert Gruen
Microsoft, Visual Basic.NET