Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Ruthless People Anamorphic?

Ruthless People Anamorphic?

Aphelion

Is this bare bones release in anamorphic widescreen? It doesn't say so on
the case, so probably not. Curious, I'd like to get it.

Aphelion

Specialk

Aphelion wrote:
> Is this bare bones release in anamorphic widescreen? It doesn't say so on
> the case, so probably not. Curious, I'd like to get it.

I've been interested in picking up this movie so I was curious myself.
I checked IMDB and widescreenreview.com. According to both sites, the
DVD is anamorphic.

Aphelion

> I've been interested in picking up this movie so I was curious myself.
> I checked IMDB and widescreenreview.com. According to both sites, the
> DVD is anamorphic.

Don't believe IMDB. I looked up some of my non-anamorphic titles for
comparison and it also lists them as anamorphic. Widescreenreview seems
like a good source though.

Aphelion

Specialk

Aphelion wrote:
>> I've been interested in picking up this movie so I was curious myself.
>> I checked IMDB and widescreenreview.com. According to both sites, the
>> DVD is anamorphic.

> Don't believe IMDB. I looked up some of my non-anamorphic titles for
> comparison and it also lists them as anamorphic. Widescreenreview seems
> like a good source though.

That's why I checked both sites. I figure if they agree, the info is
probably correct.

BTW, I think Ruthless People is one of the funnies movies of the '80s.
Its been on my wish list since I started collecting DVDs, but for some
reason I just haven't picked it up yet. I'm going to have to bump it
up on my buying queue.

Aaron J. Bossig

"Aphelion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:Rm9pd.12519$Uf.1403
@twister.nyroc.rr.com:

>> I've been interested in picking up this movie so I was curious myself.
>> I checked IMDB and widescreenreview.com. According to both sites, the
>> DVD is anamorphic.

> Don't believe IMDB. I looked up some of my non-anamorphic titles for
> comparison and it also lists them as anamorphic. Widescreenreview seems
> like a good source though.

It's anamorphic. I own it.

--

Aaron J. Bossig

http://www.GodsLabRat.com
http://www.dvdverdict.com

Joshua Zyber

"Aphelion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Rm9pd.12519$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I've been interested in picking up this movie so I was curious
>> myself.
>> I checked IMDB and widescreenreview.com. According to both sites,
>> the
>> DVD is anamorphic.

> Don't believe IMDB. I looked up some of my non-anamorphic titles for
> comparison and it also lists them as anamorphic. Widescreenreview
> seems like a good source though.

Use this as your reference instead:

http://www.dvd-basen.dk/uk/home.php3

7 reviews of this title to choose from. If you see a consensus there,
that's your answer.

PW

"Aphelion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<Ga9pd.11936$(E-Mail Removed)>.. .
> Is this bare bones release in anamorphic widescreen? It doesn't say so on
> the case, so probably not. Curious, I'd like to get it.
>
> Aphelion

Yes it is.

Although the print used is not in the best shape. Some colors bleed
and appear flat, and blacks appear faded at times. Still worth getting though.
It's way better than VHS. Although I wish they would have used the original
"cartoonish" looking cover art that was on the VHS (or even the original
movie poster of the gold screw) instead of the awful DVD cover it has now.

And what really makes me mad is that an older title like Ruthless People
gets an anamorphic release by Touchstone, but one of my faves THE REF
(a newer title made 8 years after RP by the same studio) isn't.

"I love wrong numbers!"