Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Converting PAL to NTSC?

Converting PAL to NTSC?

John DH

hi

I am working on a project that requires me to produce NTSC DVD's for some
friends in the USA. Can someone advise on the best way to convert my avi
files in pal to NTSC. I am using tpmg for coding and DVD authoring and
editing with adobe prem 6.1.

Many Thanks

John D

Steve

Just use WinAVI converter found at http://www.winavi.com/ if you have a AVI
file.

Just start the program, click DVD option and select the relevant AVI file.
In the next screen select 'DVD' output BUT BEFORE selecting OK click on the
advanced tab beside the 'DVD' output option.

Under the 'encoder' tab you will see a section entitled "target format"
which is set at "auto" by default.

Simply using the drop down menu change this to NTSC.

WinAVI converter will do everything for you.

"John DH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cnnmvm$o4g$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi
>
> I am working on a project that requires me to produce NTSC DVD's for some
> friends in the USA. Can someone advise on the best way to convert my avi
> files in pal to NTSC. I am using tpmg for coding and DVD authoring and
> editing with adobe prem 6.1.
>
> Many Thanks
>
> John D

Tufflaw

Do you know if it's possible to do this batch conversion? There's no
way to change the output setting with batch (as far as I can tell).

"Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<cnvi51$hu1$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Just use WinAVI converter found at http://www.winavi.com/ if you have a AVI
> file.
>
> Just start the program, click DVD option and select the relevant AVI file.
> In the next screen select 'DVD' output BUT BEFORE selecting OK click on the
> advanced tab beside the 'DVD' output option.
>
> Under the 'encoder' tab you will see a section entitled "target format"
> which is set at "auto" by default.
>
> Simply using the drop down menu change this to NTSC.
>
> WinAVI converter will do everything for you.
>
> "John DH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cnnmvm$o4g$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > hi
> >
> > I am working on a project that requires me to produce NTSC DVD's for some
> > friends in the USA. Can someone advise on the best way to convert my avi
> > files in pal to NTSC. I am using tpmg for coding and DVD authoring and
> > editing with adobe prem 6.1.
> >
> > Many Thanks
> >
> > John D

Alpha PAL-8150 Athlon64 Heatsink Review Silverstrand Front Page News 0 02-09-2006 10:54 PM
PAL to PAL Mickey Mouse DVD Video 8 01-30-2006 02:51 PM
Converting PAL DVDs to NTSC DVDs. Wild Coyote DVD Video 14 10-27-2004 08:58 PM
pal-i and pal-b boon Computer Support 2 01-28-2004 10:37 PM
Converting my PAL & NTSC videos & Hi8 CamCorder tapes to DVD Joe Smith DVD Video 8 09-08-2003 02:36 PM

Advertisments