Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > 70-217 certification query

70-217 certification query

Nicole

Hi there.

I'm hoping anyone who has already taken their 70-217 cert can help me with
an opinion about how granular my knowledge of group policy needs to be.

My instructor has said that I need to memorize group policy with all of its
components, sub-components and sub-sub-components. I could be here a year
memorizing all that detail! I have not had a problem with the rest of the
course content, but this just seems too huge.

Braindumps are not an alternative for me, so I need to know how in depth my
knowledge needs to be.

Thanks in advance,

Nicole.

Lura Johnson [MSFT]

The prep guide for this exam is available at this link, if you haven't
already had a chance to review it:
http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/e...217.asp#SKILLS. My thinking
tends to agree with yours in that memorizing things probably won't help a
whole lot. You need to understand group policy well enough to trouble shoot
it, based on the prep guide. I think that comes more with practice than
with memorization, at least I know that's true for me. Perhaps your manager
or peers at the office can help you prepare by sharing some of the issues
they've faced around group policy, and let you describe to them how you'd go
about fixing them. Just a suggestion - hope this is helpful and good luck!