Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Thank God the Buffy DVD's are almost finished!

Thank God the Buffy DVD's are almost finished!

Shadowhawk

I'm sick and tired of the packaging the franchise has used for the DVD sets.
The hubs for the discs suck! I went through 6 copies of Season 7 before I
found a complete set without loose discs that were scratched up.

Still not as bad as when Season 2 of Angel came out. My friend and I went
through every copy at Best Buy (at least 15) and only found 1 good set. My
friend then went through 4 additional sets at the other best buy in town before
he found one without a loose/scratched disc.

Later,
Shaun!
--------
The Shire Crew Returns with Devastated Lives the new album
Preview it at:
http://www.soundclick.com/shirecrew

delete Nospam from e-mail to reply!

jayembee

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)ospam (Shadowhawk) wrote:

> Thank God the Buffy DVD's are almost finished!

What do you mean, "almost finished". They *are* finished. Season 7,
which came out today, is the final season. Or are you including ANGEL
Season 5 as part of the "Buffy DVDs"?

-- jayembee

TMA

I have to agree the packaging is pretty annoying. Unfortunately for me when
I purchased Season 6 boxset they were all in snug but disc two with the
musical episode will not play in either DVD player I have. I returned the
set and got another one and had them open it there and check the disc.
Played at the store but not at home. I wonder if it had something against
RCA?

kaboom

On 17 Nov 2004 04:32:38 GMT, (E-Mail Removed)ospam (Shadowhawk)
wrote:

> I'm sick and tired of the packaging the franchise has used for the DVD sets.
> The hubs for the discs suck! I went through 6 copies of Season 7 before I
>found a complete set without loose discs that were scratched up.
>
> Still not as bad as when Season 2 of Angel came out. My friend and I went
>through every copy at Best Buy (at least 15) and only found 1 good set. My
>friend then went through 4 additional sets at the other best buy in town before
>he found one without a loose/scratched disc.

**Thanks for the warning, Shaun. I bought the new set today so I just
opened it up. The first disc (Giles) was loose but with no scratches.
All the other discs were secure.

kaboomie

Black Locust

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed)ospam (Shadowhawk) wrote:

> I'm sick and tired of the packaging the franchise has used for the DVD
> sets.
> The hubs for the discs suck! I went through 6 copies of Season 7 before I
> found a complete set without loose discs that were scratched up.

What are you talking about? The hubs for season 7 are possibly the best
ones they've ever used for the Buffy sets. Not only were all my discs
intact, but I actually ended bending some of the discs just to get them
loose. While I prefer the slim-line keep cases they're using on most tv
sets now, I applaud Fox for a job well done on the season 7 packaging.
If only the bastards had included the original 'unaired' Buffy pilot as
a bonus feature, the set would have been ****ing perfect.

> Still not as bad as when Season 2 of Angel came out. My friend and I went
> through every copy at Best Buy (at least 15) and only found 1 good set. My
> friend then went through 4 additional sets at the other best buy in town
> before
> he found one without a loose/scratched disc.

Well, for starters, if you had bought a better DVD player you might not
have so many problems with the scratched discs. The one instance where I
had a problem with a Buffy set was season 3. The first disc was knocked
loose when I opened it up and had gotten pretty scuffed up as a result.
Guess what, it plays flawlessly on my player. So I could care less that
it got scratched. Side note: The disc did lock up during the loading of
the main menu on my friends Xbox. That's how I know shitty DVD players
are the problem, not the scratches.

> Later,
> Shaun!
> --------
> The Shire Crew Returns with Devastated Lives the new album
> Preview it at:
> http://www.soundclick.com/shirecrew
>
> delete Nospam from e-mail to reply!

And then there was 2Barter Thank you GOD U S Contractors Offering Service A Non-profit C Programming 0 11-14-2006 09:53 PM
Thank God now we can go out and play!! ellis_jay Computer Support 0 11-17-2005 08:44 PM
Orcon: Thank God for an Alternative Collector»NZ NZ Computing 10 04-13-2005 08:02 PM
Thank God SirReadAlot MCSD 0 01-27-2004 01:32 PM
Wow....thank God. Grace Frehley Digital Photography 5 10-03-2003 12:00 AM

Advertisments