Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Is Christopher Columbus out on DVD?

Is Christopher Columbus out on DVD?

Bret81C

I don't mean the one with the French actor I mean the one where Tom Selleck
played the king of spain

LASERandDVDfan

>I don't mean the one with the French actor I mean the one where Tom Selleck
>played the king of spain

Warner Bros.
"Christopher Columbus: The Discovery"

Tom Selleck as King Ferdinand of Spain ... that deserves an MST3K-style
wisecrack.

Strange how a James Bond director handled that film.

vs.

Paramount Pictures
"1492: Conquest of Paradise"

WHAT THE HECK?! Christopher Columbus with a FRENCH ACCENT?!

The music tries to be a Spanish flavor of "Blade Runner."

Which did you prefer, if you ever had the ability to watch either film without
falling asleep or laughing at the discrepancies and horrid performances.

1492 did have one redeeming aspect: the excellent soundtrack by Vangelis (which
was ultimately inappropriate for the film and, I'm willing to bet, probably
earned more money than the movie). - Reinhart

Derek Janssen

Bret81C wrote:

> I don't mean the one with the French actor I mean the one where Tom Selleck
> played the king of spain

If you can't remember the title, you don't DESERVE to know.

Derek Janssen (and no, no word on "Christopher Columbus: the Discovery"
either, so don't bother reposting)

annot