Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > NetFlix VS Blockbustsr???

NetFlix VS Blockbustsr???

MagicNY

just started trying out NetFLix and will try Blockbuster too....both have same
prices, and Blockbuster gives you coupons for INSTORE rentals, which includes
games, anyone out there try both before?....

thanks

Galley

I've been impressed with Blockbuster so far. Not only do you get two
free game/DVD rentals per month, but now they receive notification from
the Post Office when your disc has been scanned by them. When that
happens, they ship your next disc, without having to wait for the other
to come back.

mycroft

"Galley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I've been impressed with Blockbuster so far. Not only do you get two
> free game/DVD rentals per month, but now they receive notification from
> the Post Office when your disc has been scanned by them. When that
> happens, they ship your next disc, without having to wait for the other
> to come back.

Do they still ban NC-17 movies, or rent only censored versions?

Jinx Frondie

"Galley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I've been impressed with Blockbuster so far. Not only do you get two
> free game/DVD rentals per month, but now they receive notification from
> the Post Office when your disc has been scanned by them. When that
> happens, they ship your next disc, without having to wait for the other
> to come back.

Yes, but do they still delay shiping if you try to rent too many a month?

Karl S

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 14:36:24 GMT, "Jinx Frondie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Galley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) roups.com...
>> I've been impressed with Blockbuster so far. Not only do you get two
>> free game/DVD rentals per month, but now they receive notification from
>> the Post Office when your disc has been scanned by them. When that
>> happens, they ship your next disc, without having to wait for the other
>> to come back.

>Yes, but do they still delay shiping if you try to rent too many a month?

Yes, and how many do they let you steal before they suspend your
account??

Jinx Frondie

"Karl S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 14:36:24 GMT, "Jinx Frondie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>"Galley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed) groups.com...
>>> I've been impressed with Blockbuster so far. Not only do you get two
>>> free game/DVD rentals per month, but now they receive notification from
>>> the Post Office when your disc has been scanned by them. When that
>>> happens, they ship your next disc, without having to wait for the other
>>> to come back.

>>Yes, but do they still delay shiping if you try to rent too many a month?

> Yes, and how many do they let you steal before they suspend your
> account??

Huh? I've never stolen a DVD from anyone. How does that question follow from
what I asked?
I can however receive a DVD in the morning, watch it in the afternoon and
return it by evening and be penelized for that by them delaying sending my
next DVD out for a day or three.

Biz

"Jinx Frondie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Ir2nd.21627$(E-Mail Removed) om...
> "Galley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > I've been impressed with Blockbuster so far. Not only do you get two
> > free game/DVD rentals per month, but now they receive notification from
> > the Post Office when your disc has been scanned by them. When that
> > happens, they ship your next disc, without having to wait for the other
> > to come back.

> Yes, but do they still delay shiping if you try to rent too many a month?

Why do you and others continue to spread rumors you have no actual proof of?
You dont know for any certainty whether its mail-related, Netflix-related,
brainfart-related by not acutally dropping one in the mailbox when you
though you did.

Only by documenting over time with mail tracking could you possibly even
approach a rational conclusion beyond the moronic conspiracy theories that
abound around NetFlix.

Jinx Frondie

"Biz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9T5nd.929749$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Jinx Frondie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Ir2nd.21627$(E-Mail Removed) om...
>> "Galley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> > I've been impressed with Blockbuster so far. Not only do you get two
>> > free game/DVD rentals per month, but now they receive notification from
>> > the Post Office when your disc has been scanned by them. When that
>> > happens, they ship your next disc, without having to wait for the other
>> > to come back.

>> Yes, but do they still delay shiping if you try to rent too many a month?
>>

> Why do you and others continue to spread rumors you have no actual proof
> of?
> You dont know for any certainty whether its mail-related, Netflix-related,
> brainfart-related by not acutally dropping one in the mailbox when you
> though you did.
>
> Only by documenting over time with mail tracking could you possibly even
> approach a rational conclusion beyond the moronic conspiracy theories that
> abound around NetFlix.

It has been documented. Someone posted a link to a web site devoted to
Netflix inconsistencies in another topic. Do a Google news search. Stop
accusing people of making false accusations if you don't know what you're
talking about.

Urra Dipschitt

In article <femnd.25985$(E-Mail Removed) >,
"Jinx Frondie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> It has been documented.

The "documentation" that's out there doesn't prove anything.

Jinx Frondie

"Urra Dipschitt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <femnd.25985$(E-Mail Removed) >,
> "Jinx Frondie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> It has been documented.

> The "documentation" that's out there doesn't prove anything.

I suspect no manner of documentation and no number of eyewitness accounts
will change your mind.