Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Please for advice: VOB-ID - extraction?

Please for advice: VOB-ID - extraction?

Marek

Hello!

Could someone advice me, please in the following?
My DVD consists (as usual): menus, main-movie, additional movies, some adver
tisements.
I saved all on HDD using DVD-Decrypter in file mode. Now I check all VOBs us
ing Vobrator and see which VOB-IDs I would like to record on my copy of DVD.

The question is: how to skip the titles (or some VOB-IDs) that I don't want
to copy? Which software to use? I would like to remove them PERMANENTLY and
not to save on my copy of DVD. However I want to keep main menu and not to r
eorganize general structure of DVD.

I tried DVD-Shrink but I can only remove audio (or subtitles) permanently. R
egarding video stream - I think it lets me only to reduce quality of chosen
titles but not eliminate them for good.

Thanks a lot for any sugestions!
Marek

Rebelrouser

"Marek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cn5v85$h72$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello!
>
> Could someone advice me, please in the following?
> My DVD consists (as usual): menus, main-movie, additional movies, some

adver
> tisements.
> I saved all on HDD using DVD-Decrypter in file mode. Now I check all VOBs

us
> ing Vobrator and see which VOB-IDs I would like to record on my copy of

DVD.

> The question is: how to skip the titles (or some VOB-IDs) that I don't

want
> to copy? Which software to use? I would like to remove them PERMANENTLY

and
> not to save on my copy of DVD. However I want to keep main menu and not to

> eorganize general structure of DVD.
>
> I tried DVD-Shrink but I can only remove audio (or subtitles) permanently.

> egarding video stream - I think it lets me only to reduce quality of

chosen
> titles but not eliminate them for good.

I *think* you'll find you can omit parts of the DVD with DVDshrink by using
the reauthor button. Left hand menu should show the folders relevant to the
DVD, click on one to see what's inside and remove what you don't want.

Dave