Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re" "W.C. Fields Comedy Collection" - "Big Broadcast of 1938" already released

Re" "W.C. Fields Comedy Collection" - "Big Broadcast of 1938" already released

Film Buff

Universal has already released this in the "Bob Hope Comedy Collection" as a Double Feature set.
"Big Broadcast of 1938" and "College Swing"
It was released in April of last year along with several other Bob Hope features
I doubt seriously if they would release it again in the Vol. 2 of "W.C. Fields"
but - who knows?

Stephen Cooke

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004, Film Buff wrote:

> Universal has already released this in the "Bob Hope Comedy Collection" as a Double Feature set.
> "Big Broadcast of 1938" and "College Swing"
> It was released in April of last year along with several other Bob Hope features
> I doubt seriously if they would release it again in the Vol. 2 of "W.C. Fields"
> but - who knows?

Well, that's what I was suggesting, that they *would* go and do something
like include BBo1938 on another Fields collection, since there's already a
digital master of it, considering they've included The Bank Dick on Vol. 1
it wouldn't surprise me. I mean, how many times do I have to buy The
Invisible Man?

swac

AAbrams0264

<< I doubt seriously if they would release it again in the Vol. 2 of "W.C.
Fields" >>

Will there be a Vol. 2 (he asked hopefully)?

vidrare

Un-fortunately, the relatives of W.C. are the ones holding up release of
further volumes. When they give the o.k. it will happen. JF>
> Will there be a Vol. 2 (he asked hopefully)?

Bill Coleman

Really? And what's your source for this information?

Bill Coleman

==============================

vidrare wrote:
> Un-fortunately, the relatives of W.C. are the ones holding up release of
> further volumes. When they give the o.k. it will happen. JF>
>
>>Will there be a Vol. 2 (he asked hopefully)?

Steve(JazzHunter)

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:20:22 -0500, Bill Coleman
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Really? And what's your source for this information?

The Harold lloyd estate was holding up release of Lloyd films, a
matter recently settled. I don't believe there's any problem with the
Paramount films of W.C. Fields, which are owned by Universal.

steve ..

>Bill Coleman
>
>==============================
>
>vidrare wrote:
>> Un-fortunately, the relatives of W.C. are the ones holding up release of
>> further volumes. When they give the o.k. it will happen. JF>
>>
>>>Will there be a Vol. 2 (he asked hopefully)?

JimReid56

>> I don't believe there's any problem with the
>> Paramount films of W.C. Fields, which are owned by Universal.

>Or, in the case of "Bank Dick", "Flying Trapeze" and "Never...", the
>Universal films owned by Universal.

"Flying Trapeze" is also Paramount.

Derek Janssen

Steve(JazzHunter) wrote:

>>Really? And what's your source for this information?

> The Harold lloyd estate was holding up release of Lloyd films, a
> matter recently settled.

Sony, in point of fact.
(Except for "Grandma's Boy", already out on Kino.)

> I don't believe there's any problem with the
> Paramount films of W.C. Fields, which are owned by Universal.

Or, in the case of "Bank Dick", "Flying Trapeze" and "Never...", the
Universal films owned by Universal.

Derek Janssen

jayembee

Derek Janssen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Steve(JazzHunter) wrote:
>
>> I don't believe there's any problem with the Paramount
>> films of W.C. Fields, which are owned by Universal.

> Or, in the case of "Bank Dick", "Flying Trapeze" and
> "Never...", the Universal films owned by Universal.

YOU CAN'T CHEAT AN HONEST MAN, MY LITTLE CHICKADEE, THE BANK
DICK, and NEVER GIVE A SUCKER AN EVEN BREAK are the only
Universal films WCF did. All of the others (well, at least
all of the others owned by Universal) were done at Paramount.

And Warner holds the rights to three WCF features: JANICE
MEREDITH (MGM, 1924), HER MAJESTY, LOVE (Warner, 1931),
and DAVID COPPERFIELD (MGM, 1935).

-- jayembee