Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > New Releases: Sky Captain, Half Baked & Miami Vice: Updated complete downloadable DVD R1 DVD DB & info lists

New Releases: Sky Captain, Half Baked & Miami Vice: Updated complete downloadable DVD R1 DVD DB & info lists

Doug MacLean

Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow will be released on February 1st by
Paramount. There will be separate P&S and widescreen releases, each listing
for $29.98. Both will have Dolby 5.1 audio. Extras include:
5 Featurettes Include Background on: The film's groundbreaking special
effects
The vision behind the film's animation
A front row seat at the original short that catapulted Sky Captain into a
major motion picture
Deleted Scenes
Gag Reel

Paramount also has Jamie Kennedy Experiment: Season #3 set for release on
January 25th retailing for $39.99. They also have the three season box set
for $99.98 on the same date.

MacGyver: Complete Season 1 will be released by Paramount on January 25th
with a list price of $39.95.

On February 1st Paramount has Charmed: Complete Season 1. Retail price is
$49.95.

Paramount has Cheers: The Complete 4th Season ready for sale on February
1st. It will list for $39.95. On that date they also have the first four
season box set for $159.95.

For more golden age television Paramount will release I Love Lucy: The
Complete 3rd Season on February 1st for $59.95.

From Music Video Distributors:
January 11th:
Inside Black Sabbath: 1970-1992
Inside Emerson Lake & Palmer: 1970-1995
Mostly Autumn: The V Shows
Shadow Dancers #1: Let's Get This Party Started

January 25th:
Outkast: Dare To Be Different
Pietasters: Live At the 9:30 Club
Street Dog
Tension And Release: Springin The Blues

Feburary 1st:
Inside Led Zeppelin: 1968-1972

Universal will release Half Baked on February 15th. They will have separate
P&S and Widescreen releases, both with Dolby 5.1 audio. Each list for
$19.98. The extras include:
10 Deleted Scenes
Alternate Ending
Five Minutes With the Guy On the Couch
Different Types of Smokers Featurette
Granny's Guide to Bakin'
Feature Commentary with Director Tamra Davis

Football flick Friday Nights will be released by Universal on January 18th.
Again, separate P&S and Widescreen releases with Dolby 5.1 audio listing for
$29.98. Extras include:
Deleted Scenes
Tim McGraw: Off the Stage-The country music star's transition to the silver
screen.
Player Cam: Experience first hand all the action that ensues when 40
actors/athletes live and work together for six wild weeks.
Real Life, Real Games, Real People: Experience the real Permian High players
and fans

Also from Universal set for release on March 15th:
Yanks
White Palace
Paradise Alley
Ghost Dad
D. C. Cab
Each will retail for $9.99.

Universal has Orgazmo back on the pending list. The new street date is
February 15th listing for $19.98.

Miami Vice: Complete Season One will be released by Universal on February
8th. The tech specs are Dolby 5.1 audio and full screen and will include all
21 episodes and the two hour pilot. Extras are:
5 behind-the-scenes featurettes
Series Introduction from Michael Mann
The Vibe of Vice, Back-Story: Miami Vice
The Fashion
Original music

in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
contains 53,697 titles. Changes and additions this week number 1,455 and
there are 2,370 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued,
cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX
and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in
the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were
rescheduled or reissued. Search function for the database, (including UPC
search) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

Current previews include Spider-Man 2, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of
Askaban Recent reviews include Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Dazed and
Confused, Day After Tomorrow, Star Wars Trilogy, THX-1138, Videodrome,
Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind, Saved!, 5ive Days to Midnight, The
Punisher, Magnum Season 1, Columbo Season 1, American Dreams Season 1, Duel,
Sugarland Express, Kill Bill Volume 2, Marx Brothers Collection, W.C. Fields
Collection. Updates to the DVD database, including release
specifications usually made twice daily.

Please stop by and visit.
Thank you.

Doug MacLean
http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/

Bob Flaminio

Doug MacLean wrote:
> Miami Vice: Complete Season One will be released by Universal on
> February 8th.

Cool. The conventional wisdom was that Miami Vice as a season set would
never show up on DVD because the licensing for the music would be
prohibitively expensive.

Waitaminute -- I notice you didn't list a price for this one. Uh-oh...

--
Bob

kaydigi

"Bob Flaminio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Doug MacLean wrote:
> > Miami Vice: Complete Season One will be released by Universal on
> > February 8th.

> Cool. The conventional wisdom was that Miami Vice as a season set would
> never show up on DVD because the licensing for the music would be
> prohibitively expensive.
>
> Waitaminute -- I notice you didn't list a price for this one. Uh-oh...
>
> --
> Bob

$41.99

TMA

> On February 1st Paramount has Charmed: Complete Season 1. Retail price is
> $49.95.

About damn time. Finally, my friends can stop asking me when it comes out.

jayembee

"Bob Flaminio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Cool. The conventional wisdom was that Miami Vice as a
> season set would never show up on DVD because the licensing
> for the music would be prohibitively expensive.
>
> Waitaminute -- I notice you didn't list a price for this
> one. Uh-oh...

Like most of Universal's TV season sets, the MSRP is $59.98.

-- jayembee

Brian The Demolition Man Little

Doug MacLean wrote:
> Also from Universal set for release on March 15th:
> Ghost Dad

I believe Image had previously released this with a P&S
transfer. According to Univeral Home Video's website
it will be 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen. Most certainly
looking forward to this. Campy fun movie, certainly worth
buying for some cheap laughs.

Brian The Demolition Man Little

Digital Dude

kaydigi wrote:
> "Bob Flaminio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Doug MacLean wrote:
>>
>>>Miami Vice: Complete Season One will be released by Universal on
>>>February 8th.

>>Cool. The conventional wisdom was that Miami Vice as a season set would
>>never show up on DVD because the licensing for the music would be
>>prohibitively expensive.
>>
>>Waitaminute -- I notice you didn't list a price for this one. Uh-oh...
>>
>>--
>>Bob

> $41.99
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...630383-8716753

Yes! Miami Vice rules!

ArchieLeach

"Doug MacLean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Zo1ld.67106$(E-Mail Removed). net:

> Miami Vice: Complete Season One will be released by Universal on
> February 8th. The tech specs are Dolby 5.1 audio and full screen and
> will include all 21 episodes and the two hour pilot. Extras are:
> 5 behind-the-scenes featurettes
> Series Introduction from Michael Mann
> The Vibe of Vice, Back-Story: Miami Vice
> The Fashion
> Original music

And there was much rejoicing . Nice to see someone finally get it
right as far as original music and including the pilot (which was
previously a standalone R2 release). After all it was Universal that
gave us "copy-band" versions of Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, etc.
and then rereleased them in their proper form. Fortunately they didn't
have the licensing issues that kept the Twin Peaks pilot out of the
Republic/Artisan boxset of that show's first season.

ArchieLeach

"kaydigi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> "Bob Flaminio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Doug MacLean wrote:
>> > Miami Vice: Complete Season One will be released by Universal on
>> > February 8th.

>> Cool. The conventional wisdom was that Miami Vice as a season set would
>> never show up on DVD because the licensing for the music would be
>> prohibitively expensive.
>>
>> Waitaminute -- I notice you didn't list a price for this one. Uh-oh...
>>
>> --
>> Bob

> $41.99

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...275032/sr%3D11
-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/104-2630383-8716753

Hmmm... this says THREE discs. That's gotta be a mistake - how're they
gonna get 21 regular eps, the pilot, and all those extras on 3 discs?

Joshua Zyber

"ArchieLeach" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...275032/sr%3D11
> -1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/104-2630383-8716753
>
> Hmmm... this says THREE discs. That's gotta be a mistake - how're
> they
> gonna get 21 regular eps, the pilot, and all those extras on 3 discs?

Double sided.