Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Set top DVD recorders with hard drives

Set top DVD recorders with hard drives

Daniel Prince

I have recently learned that there are set top (they connect to your TV,
not your computer) DVD recorders with hard drives that allow one to
record TV programs to the hard drive, edit out the commercials and then
burn them to DVD. Is there a web site that compares the different
models?

Are there any that play Divx or xvid files on DVD or CD? Are there any
that record to DVD-R, DVD+R and DVD-RAM? Thank you in advance for all