Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > He Was Drafted!

He Was Drafted!

One-Shot Scot

Maj. Margaret "Hot Lips" Houlihan: "I wonder how a degenerated person
like that could have reached a position of responsibility in the Army
Medical Corps?"

Father John Patrick "Dago Red" Mulcahy: "He was drafted."

That was one of the funniest lines in M*A*S*H, one of my favorite DVDs.
It's almost as fully as this line:

George W. Bush: "Forget all this talk about a draft. We're not going to
have a draft so long as I'm the president."

But Congress is spring-loaded with two pending bills: Senate Bill 89 and
House Resolution 163, collectively known as the "Universal National
Service Act of 2003" which will assure that the Selective Service is
prepared to manage a draft if and when the President and the Congress so
direct.

And the storm clouds are gathering:

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran threatened on Monday to strike back at
Israel or any other country that attacked its nuclear facilities.

U.S. and Israeli officials accuse Iran of seeking to develop atomic
bombs under cover of a civilian nuclear program. Iran denies the
charges saying it only intends to produce electricity from nuclear
power plants.

"If Israel or any other country attacks any site in Iran, we know no
limits to threaten their interests," Deputy Revolutionary Guards
Commander Mohammad-Baqer Zolqadr said.

"That means anywhere in the world, within their borders or outside
it," he told reporters on Monday on the sidelines of an anti-U.S.
conference in Tehran.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=235315

http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/newdraft.html

Mike Kohary

One-Shot Scot wrote:

> George W. Bush: "Forget all this talk about a draft. We're not going
> to have a draft so long as I'm the president."

This is off-topic. Please take it somewhere else.

One-Shot Scot

"Mike Kohary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cmo5li$n37$(E-Mail Removed)...
> One-Shot Scot wrote:
> >
> > George W. Bush: "Forget all this talk about a draft. We're not
> > going to have a draft so long as I'm the president."

> This is off-topic. Please take it somewhere else.

Now that the election is over, I thought it would be interesting to
conduct a fishing expedition and see if the "draft" people had gone
away. So far, neither of them has taken the bait:

jasmine <(E-Mail Removed)>

Bob <(E-Mail Removed)>

This has now become a mostly DVD newsgroup again.

John339077353

Dont post this **** here