Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > "Fast times Ridgemont High" question...

"Fast times Ridgemont High" question...

StephenJ

I noticed that a new "special edition" was released this past week, but just
looking at the package, it appeared that the only thing new about it
compared to the 1999 version is that it has 5.1 audio.

Am i missing something? Is there anything else that's new about it (picture
quality, special features, etc.)?

Thanks!

Jason

Nope, the only thing new is the 5.1 soundtrack. Glad I found out
before I 'upgraded'.

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 10:46:42 -0600, "StephenJ" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I noticed that a new "special edition" was released this past week, but just
>looking at the package, it appeared that the only thing new about it
>compared to the 1999 version is that it has 5.1 audio.
>
>Am i missing something? Is there anything else that's new about it (picture
>quality, special features, etc.)?
>
>Thanks!

Brent Geery

wrote:

> I noticed that a new "special edition" was released this past week, but just
> looking at the package, it appeared that the only thing new about it
> compared to the 1999 version is that it has 5.1 audio.
>
> Am i missing something? Is there anything else that's new about it (picture
> quality, special features, etc.)?

Only changes are the new English 5.1 DD and DTS remix, and (I think)
the Spanish audio track is also new. Also, I believe that they may
have used a different film print, and re-telecine the video. This
version certainly is much sharper IMO, but the 5.1 remixing is a
complete joke.

--
BRENT - The Usenet typo king.