Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Baby Dies from chewing on DVD

Baby Dies from chewing on DVD

id20603@UsNewsReel.com

Milwaukee, Wisconsin News
November 7, 2004

A two year old Milwaukee baby was pronounced dead on Friday after
chewing on a DVD. His mother, who wishes to remain anonymous, stated
that the child was chewing on the DVD, and she took it away from the
child. Minutes later, the child began gasping for air, and fell to
the floor. By the time paramedics arrived, the child was dead.
Doctors confirmed the death was caused by the radioactive isotopes
commonly used in the manufacture of DVD disks.

Doctors urge parents to lock their DVDs, and are petitioning the US
government to recall all DVDs as quickly as possible.

Thomas Fredrickson
US News Reel 2004

Jay G.

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 04:02:18 -0600, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Milwaukee, Wisconsin News
> November 7, 2004
>
> A two year old Milwaukee baby was pronounced dead on Friday after
> chewing on a DVD.

So you moved from fake news trolls of killer DVD players to fake stories of
killer DVDs themselves, huh? Nobody's buying it.

-Jay

SoHillsGuy

Yes, but was it a widescreen or a full screen....?

Brian The Demolition Man Little

SoHillsGuy wrote:
> Yes, but was it a widescreen or a full screen....?

Pan and scan.

Impmon

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 04:02:18 -0600, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Milwaukee, Wisconsin News
>November 7, 2004

[snip]

Link? I checked and I couldn't find any source to support your claim.
Seriously I don't think anyone could die that quickly from radioactive
material allegedly present in DVDs.

SoHillsGuy

<< Seriously I don't think anyone could die that quickly from radioactive
material allegedly present in DVDs. >><BR><BR>

It was probably just a really, really bad movie...

LASERandDVDfan

>Milwaukee, Wisconsin News
>November 7, 2004
>
>A two year old Milwaukee baby was pronounced dead on Friday after
>chewing on a DVD. His mother, who wishes to remain anonymous, stated
>that the child was chewing on the DVD, and she took it away from the
>child. Minutes later, the child began gasping for air, and fell to
>the floor. By the time paramedics arrived, the child was dead.
>Doctors confirmed the death was caused by the radioactive isotopes
>commonly used in the manufacture of DVD disks.

If I were the boss of the "National Enquirer," I'd hire you in a heartbeat with
high pay and full benefits.

Someone with such an imagination for concocting libelous lies for mere
amusement is perfect for such a low-brow publication.

Now, that I am done with feeding a troll, PLONK! - Reinhart

Urra Dipschitt

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) (LASERandDVDfan) wrote:

> Now, that I am done with feeding a troll, PLONK! - Reinhart

How is it a troll when only STUPID people (like you) would fall for
anything so silly?

Poor Reinhart...Plonking all day long.

Urra Dipschitt

In article <1k5np5q4vp95u$.17bjfcy6yaba$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Jay G." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> So you moved from fake news trolls of killer DVD players to fake stories of
> killer DVDs themselves, huh? Nobody's buying it.

Some jackass named "Impmon" did.

Donald Link

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 04:02:18 -0600, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Milwaukee, Wisconsin News
>November 7, 2004
>
>A two year old Milwaukee baby was pronounced dead on Friday after
>chewing on a DVD. His mother, who wishes to remain anonymous, stated
>that the child was chewing on the DVD, and she took it away from the
>child. Minutes later, the child began gasping for air, and fell to
>the floor. By the time paramedics arrived, the child was dead.
>Doctors confirmed the death was caused by the radioactive isotopes
>commonly used in the manufacture of DVD disks.
>
>Doctors urge parents to lock their DVDs, and are petitioning the US
>government to recall all DVDs as quickly as possible.
>
>Thomas Fredrickson
>US News Reel 2004

Lets see a two year old was not supervised and managed to get a DVD
and chew on it. Seems to me if was not the DVD it would have been
something else. More reason to make sure you are not getting careless
is watching our young ones.