Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD R/W Problem

DVD R/W Problem

Fernando

I am with problem in the installation of a new DVD recorder (LG 4160B). If
somebody can to help me, I thank.
I installed DVD in my computer operating with Windows XP Pro. with 512 Mb of
memory.
The computer recognizes DVD and to inform that it is working correctly,
meantime it doesn't read or writes any disk.
Tks
Fernando

TIM CAYWOOD

You need software. XP does not do much on it's own beside see it as another
removable media drive.

If you want to play a DVD movie, you need the player software and the proper
codec, etc for your video hardware.

If you want to burn or copy DVDs you need software that works for DVD. There
are hundreds of programs out there that do that.

Now it will also work as a CD reader/writer and probably any software you
already have will also work with your new DVD burner.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...