Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Anybody find Animal Farm?

Anybody find Animal Farm?

Ollie T

The original cartoon version of Animal Farm was to be released today. Went
to FYE and their computers did not show it and employees never heard of it.
Went to Best Buy and the guy said it did come out but that Best Buy would
not carry it. He showed me on the computer screen where it said "this
location not to carry this title". Wonder why? Anybody find it anywhere?

HDTV games lists and discussions
http://www.hdtvarcade.com

Derek Janssen

Ollie T wrote:
> The original cartoon version of Animal Farm was to be released today. Went
> to FYE and their computers did not show it and employees never heard of it.
> Went to Best Buy and the guy said it did come out but that Best Buy would
> not carry it. He showed me on the computer screen where it said "this
> location not to carry this title". Wonder why? Anybody find it anywhere?

And as always, we ask--
Um...w....www....why were you going to Best Buy to buy a disk?: 0_o
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=HVD001748

(Oh, wait, maybe you were in there already to buy some batteries and
some blank CD-R's, and thought, y'know, maybe the disk might be there too?)

Derek Janssen (heck, *I* dunno!!)

jayembee

Derek Janssen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Ollie T wrote:
>> The original cartoon version of Animal Farm was to be released today. Went
>> to FYE and their computers did not show it and employees never heard of it.
>> Went to Best Buy and the guy said it did come out but that Best Buy would
>> not carry it. He showed me on the computer screen where it said "this
>> location not to carry this title". Wonder why? Anybody find it anywhere?

> And as always, we ask--
> Um...w....www....why were you going to Best Buy to buy a disk?: 0_o
> http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=HVD001748

I buy most of my DVDs from Best Buy. Some of us just prefer to buy
things in person. I've never been fond of mail-order buying unless I
can't avoid it.

That said, ANIMAL FARM comes from Home Vision. I generally don't see
HV titles in Best Buy or similar stores (I consider it amazing when I
find titles from HV's sibling label Criterion at Best Buy).

With HV titles, you're definitely better off getting them from on-line
retailers.

-- jayembee

Stephen Cooke

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, Ollie T wrote:

> The original cartoon version of Animal Farm was to be released today. Went
> to FYE and their computers did not show it and employees never heard of it.
> Went to Best Buy and the guy said it did come out but that Best Buy would
> not carry it. He showed me on the computer screen where it said "this
> location not to carry this title". Wonder why? Anybody find it anywhere?

It has been declared ungood by the Ministry of Information.

swac
Now have a drink of Victory Gin and forget about it.

Mike Kohary

Derek Janssen wrote:
> Ollie T wrote:
>> The original cartoon version of Animal Farm was to be released
>> today. Went to FYE and their computers did not show it and
>> employees never heard of it. Went to Best Buy and the guy said it
>> did come out but that Best Buy would not carry it. He showed me on
>> the computer screen where it said "this location not to carry this
>> title". Wonder why? Anybody find it anywhere?

> And as always, we ask--
> Um...w....www....why were you going to Best Buy to buy a disk?: 0_o
> http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=HVD001748
>
> (Oh, wait, maybe you were in there already to buy some batteries and
> some blank CD-R's, and thought, y'know, maybe the disk might be there
> too?)
> Derek Janssen (heck, *I* dunno!!)
> (E-Mail Removed)

Are you capable of giving a simple and straight answer? Better yet, if you
don't know the answer (as in this case), are you capable of simply
refraining from speaking? Just curious...

DavesVideo

Ollie T said:

>>The original cartoon version of Animal Farm was to be released today. >>

That makes it sounds like there may have been a later version, maybe with
real animals? If so, when was it made?

Unfortunately when I moved a few years ago, I got rid of about 70 of my Beta
tapes and Animal Farm seems to be among the missing. Did not do a good job of
screening, but before the Beta machine dies I'm transfering every thing that is
left.

Dave
http://members.tripod.com/~VideoDave

Derek Janssen

Mike Kohary wrote:

>>>The original cartoon version of Animal Farm was to be released
>>>today. Went to FYE and their computers did not show it and
>>>employees never heard of it. Went to Best Buy and the guy said it
>>>did come out but that Best Buy would not carry it. He showed me on
>>>the computer screen where it said "this location not to carry this
>>>title". Wonder why? Anybody find it anywhere?

>>And as always, we ask--
>>Um...w....www....why were you going to Best Buy to buy a disk?: 0_o
>>http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=HVD001748

> Are you capable of giving a simple and straight answer? Better yet, if you
> don't know the answer (as in this case), are you capable of simply
> refraining from speaking?

The question was "Where was it?", and it was answered with an online link--
Let's see, where do we start clarifying this question?...

Derek Janssen (braille, perhaps?)
(E-Mail Removed)

Ollie T

>>>The original cartoon version of Animal Farm was to be released today. >>
>
> That makes it sounds like there may have been a later version, maybe
> with
> real animals? If so, when was it made?

You are correct. There was a live action version shot about 5 years ago or
so for TV. It has been released on DVD also. I did not care for that
version at all.