Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD Recorder Stops During Transfer from Camcorder

DVD Recorder Stops During Transfer from Camcorder

Ethan Rush

When I'm transfering digital 8 video from my camcorder (via firewire),
my DVD recorder stops recording whenever there's any break or pause in
the video on the camcorder. It doesn't restart when the signal comes
back. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

DaveC

Try using your S-Video input. My Panasonic DMR-E100 actually records
a better picture using the S-Video port than when using the firewire
port. Hard to believe but true. I have made several tests and the
S-Video port looks best.

If that doesn't work I would throw that sucker away and get one that
works. My E100 keeps right on recording to the HHD until I hit the
STOP button.

Dave