Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > dvd backup

dvd backup

WINSLIX

i just bought a memorex external dvd writer, nero 6 the included software.
how can i back up my dvd movies?

Mook23

"WINSLIX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:sifgd.7093$(E-Mail Removed) t...
>i just bought a memorex external dvd writer, nero 6 the included software.
>how can i back up my dvd movies?

The first and most important step is to LEARN TO ****ING USE GOOGLE!

awknod

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
"Mook23" <no_one@no_where.com> wrote in message
news:%Ufgd.72$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "WINSLIX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:sifgd.7093$(E-Mail Removed) t...
> >i just bought a memorex external dvd writer, nero 6 the included

software.
> >how can i back up my dvd movies?
> >

> The first and most important step is to LEARN TO ****ING USE GOOGLE!

Pug Fugley

Hopefully your burner will support dual layer blanks. All you need to do is
buy some dual layer blanks and do a disc to disc copy. Problem is, dual
layer blanks are $15 each or so, so it's probably cheaper to just buy a
backup copy of the movie.

"WINSLIX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:sifgd.7093$(E-Mail Removed) t...
> i just bought a memorex external dvd writer, nero 6 the included software.
> how can i back up my dvd movies?

WinField

WINSLIX wrote:
> i just bought a memorex external dvd writer, nero 6 the included software.
> how can i back up my dvd movies?

DVD_Shrink or DVD_decryptor will bypass the copy protection and allow a
movie backup.

I would recommend backing up to single-layer dvd discs.

Here's one link to get you going with info:
http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/

Cheerio,
Winfield

WiNsToN

thanks so much Winfield for an appropriate answer to a newbie. you dont
know how much i appreciated it.

"WinField" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> WINSLIX wrote:
>> i just bought a memorex external dvd writer, nero 6 the included
>> software. how can i back up my dvd movies?

> DVD_Shrink or DVD_decryptor will bypass the copy protection and allow a
> movie backup.
>
> I would recommend backing up to single-layer dvd discs.
>
> Here's one link to get you going with info:
> http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/
>
> Cheerio,
> Winfield

Pug Fugley

"WinField" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> WINSLIX wrote:
> > i just bought a memorex external dvd writer, nero 6 the included

software.
> > how can i back up my dvd movies?

> DVD_Shrink or DVD_decryptor will bypass the copy protection and allow a
> movie backup.
>
> I would recommend backing up to single-layer dvd discs.

.....which would in turn make the 'backup' look like ****, therefore making
it nothing close to being a true 'backup' because so much is lost by using
single layer discs.

WinField

Pug Fugley wrote:
> "WinField" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
>>WINSLIX wrote:
>>
>>>i just bought a memorex external dvd writer, nero 6 the included

> software.
>
>>>how can i back up my dvd movies?

>>DVD_Shrink or DVD_decryptor will bypass the copy protection and allow a
>>movie backup.
>>
>>I would recommend backing up to single-layer dvd discs.

> ....which would in turn make the 'backup' look like ****, therefore making
> it nothing close to being a true 'backup' because so much is lost by using
> single layer discs.

Nobody likes poopy quality.
Leave off the extras and do just the movie OR use (2) SINGLE-LAYER
dvd discs for a complete backup.

Sorry you couldn't figure that out from my original answer, Pug.
Hey, live and learn. I've had my share of mistakes & coasters.

My last batch of SL-dvd-discs cost me ~30 cents apiece. It's just not
cost-effective to use DL-discs.

just my .02 cents,
Winfield

WinField

WinField wrote:

> My last batch of SL-dvd-discs cost me ~30 cents apiece. It's just not
> cost-effective to use DL-discs.

Cost should be ~80 apiece. {Winf}