Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Highlander Dvds Question

Highlander Dvds Question

Dragon

Another question guys and girls

I have all the series boxsets up to 5 on dvd but I noticed there is three
separate dvds called , Unholy Alliance, Counterfeit and The finale dvds.
Does these dvds contain anything extra that the main series boxsets don't
have, they are very cheap but if there's no difference from the bixsets its
not really worth buying I think

Any help please

Dave

---

anon

No difference... and no extras that you wouldn't already have...

"Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%xPfd.163075$(E-Mail Removed) o.uk...
> Another question guys and girls
>
> I have all the series boxsets up to 5 on dvd but I noticed there is three
> separate dvds called , Unholy Alliance, Counterfeit and The finale dvds.
> Does these dvds contain anything extra that the main series boxsets don't
> have, they are very cheap but if there's no difference from the bixsets

its
> not really worth buying I think
>
> Any help please
>
> Dave
>

> ---

Aphelion

> I have all the series boxsets up to 5 on dvd but I noticed there is three
> separate dvds called , Unholy Alliance, Counterfeit and The finale dvds.
> Does these dvds contain anything extra that the main series boxsets don't
> have, they are very cheap but if there's no difference from the bixsets
> its
> not really worth buying I think

The two-part episodes are presented in a mock letterbox format and contain
different edits of the broadcast versions. At least one incorporates
footage from another episode to beef up the plot. There are also alternate
opening credits that try to create a cinematic feel. Also of note is a
spoken introduction by Joe Dawson reminiscent of Sean Connery's intro in the
original Highlander film. If you're a Highlander completist, they're worth
having. No idea about the extras, I haven't checked them out yet.

Aphelion