Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Dawn of the Dead

Dawn of the Dead

kaydigi

Does anyone know what was added to the diretors cut? The specials were far
more entertaining than the movie itself.

Morgan

Having only seen the theatrical version once and watching the "director's
cut" last night, I was a bit worried I wouldn't be able to tell what was
added in. Watch it closely and you'll see a big difference in picture
quality with the new scenes. Most of the added scenes have grain and dirt
on them while the rest of the movie is pretty clean. Normally I don't
notice stuff like that, but it was really obvious while watching it last
night--they could have cleaned it up a little more. For the most part, it
was just a bit more gore and more character background, as the director's
introduction states.

Morgan

"kaydigi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Does anyone know what was added to the diretors cut? The specials were far
> more entertaining than the movie itself.

Zimmy

I didn't notice that and I'm pretty sure they mastered the Unrated cut at
the same time as the theaterical.
These aren't some lost scenes they found to put back in the picture, these
are expensive, fx heavy scenes with action.

"Morgan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Having only seen the theatrical version once and watching the "director's
> cut" last night, I was a bit worried I wouldn't be able to tell what was
> added in. Watch it closely and you'll see a big difference in picture
> quality with the new scenes. Most of the added scenes have grain and dirt
> on them while the rest of the movie is pretty clean. Normally I don't
> notice stuff like that, but it was really obvious while watching it last
> night--they could have cleaned it up a little more. For the most part, it
> was just a bit more gore and more character background, as the director's
> introduction states.
>
> Morgan
>

> "kaydigi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Does anyone know what was added to the diretors cut? The specials were
>> far
>> more entertaining than the movie itself.

Joe Thousandaire

"kaydigi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Does anyone know what was added to the diretors cut? The specials were far
> more entertaining than the movie itself.

It seems that the new unrated version has been censored a bit. Evidently
there
is a scene in the beginning where you are in a car and there is a naked
woman
wandering around. For some reason in the new unrated version they have
digitally
added blood on to the windsheild so you can no longer see her.

There is a discussion about it at the hometheaterforum.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=215215

Jeffman316

I watched this in the theater and did not remember the nude woman on the
side.

I also watched the first 10 minutes that was shown on USA network.
They claimed that they were airing the first ten minutes uncut on TV.
The woman was not nude there either. I have that on tape and it is the
same as the DVD.

Maybe everything we have in the US is edited compared to the region 3
release.

Jeffman

Sean Black

In article <Xns958FCC90B4973slapnutsrulehotmailc@216.196.97.1 42>,
Jeffman316 <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>I watched this in the theater and did not remember the nude woman on the
>side.
>
>I also watched the first 10 minutes that was shown on USA network.
>They claimed that they were airing the first ten minutes uncut on TV.
>The woman was not nude there either. I have that on tape and it is the
>same as the DVD.
>
>Maybe everything we have in the US is edited compared to the region 3
>release.

The naked woman is definitely present and visible in the R2 Director's
Cut.
--
Sean Black