Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD player that plays MP3s

DVD player that plays MP3s

Felix Oscar

I have a Sony DVD player from 2002 that supposedly plays MP3s. But it
says in the manual that it only plays MP3s with a bitrate of 44k or
less. Isn't that ridiculous? Most MP3s even back in 2000 were 128 or
192. What's going on???

Do most DVD players that play mp3s just play any CDROM with mp3s on
it?

Mark W

"Felix Oscar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>I have a Sony DVD player from 2002 that supposedly plays MP3s. But it
> says in the manual that it only plays MP3s with a bitrate of 44k or
> less. Isn't that ridiculous? Most MP3s even back in 2000 were 128 or
> 192. What's going on???
>
> Do most DVD players that play mp3s just play any CDROM with mp3s on
> it?

Put a CD of MP3s in and see what it does with it.

I think the manual means to say, 44100Khz or less sampling rate.

Bob H

Felix Oscar wrote:
> I have a Sony DVD player from 2002 that supposedly plays MP3s. But it
> says in the manual that it only plays MP3s with a bitrate of 44k or
> less. Isn't that ridiculous? Most MP3s even back in 2000 were 128 or
> 192. What's going on???
>
> Do most DVD players that play mp3s just play any CDROM with mp3s on
> it?

I have a Pioneer 444 black which plays anything and everything.

--
Bob H
Leeds UK

Ollie T

I have an Apex DVD player that plays every type of disc and then some.

HDTV games lists and discussions
http://www.hdtvarcade.com

"Felix Oscar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>I have a Sony DVD player from 2002 that supposedly plays MP3s. But it
> says in the manual that it only plays MP3s with a bitrate of 44k or
> less. Isn't that ridiculous? Most MP3s even back in 2000 were 128 or
> 192. What's going on???
>
> Do most DVD players that play mp3s just play any CDROM with mp3s on
> it?

Bernie Woodham

Correct. They are not talking about the bit rate, but the sampling rate.

"Mark W" <s@o> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Felix Oscar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>>I have a Sony DVD player from 2002 that supposedly plays MP3s. But it
>> says in the manual that it only plays MP3s with a bitrate of 44k or
>> less. Isn't that ridiculous? Most MP3s even back in 2000 were 128 or
>> 192. What's going on???
>>
>> Do most DVD players that play mp3s just play any CDROM with mp3s on
>> it?

> Put a CD of MP3s in and see what it does with it.
>
> I think the manual means to say, 44100Khz or less sampling rate.

FredBillie

<< From: "Ollie T" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Date: Tue, Oct 26, 2004 3:29 PM

I have an Apex DVD player that plays every type of disc and then some.
>><BR><BR>

WOW, "every type of disk" "and then some". The latter must be some that haven't
come out yet <S>.

DVDfanatico

I have two Cyberhomes, the CH-DVD 712 and the CH-DVD 320 and they both play
CD's, CD-RW's, MP3's, DVD-R's (BUT NOT DVD-RW), PAL/NTSC and all regions. I'm
not sure if the paly VCD's or Divx.

-DVDfanatico

e>(E-Mail Removed) (Felix Oscar)
>Date: 10/26/2004 10:02 AM Pacific Standard Time
>
>I have a Sony DVD player from 2002 that supposedly plays MP3s. But it
>says in the manual that it only plays MP3s with a bitrate of 44k or
>less. Isn't that ridiculous? Most MP3s even back in 2000 were 128 or
>192. What's going on???
>
>Do most DVD players that play mp3s just play any CDROM with mp3s on
>it?

LASERandDVDfan

>I have two Cyberhomes, the CH-DVD 712 and the CH-DVD 320 and they both play
>CD's, CD-RW's, MP3's, DVD-R's (BUT NOT DVD-RW), PAL/NTSC and all regions.
>I'm
>not sure if the paly VCD's or Divx.

And I've got a GoVideo that can play everything including titles from other
regions. Everything but DivX ... once I applied a fix to the freeze-up problem
associated with their active tilt mechanism. Got it for free from someone who
wanted to toss it out for breaking down.

It's being stored as a spare along with my Toshiba SD-1700 and Panasonic
DVD-A110 while my main player is still a Sony DVP-S360 (although I occasionally
use my Pioneer DVL-700 for DVD playback in addition to LaserDiscs). - Reinhart