Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > ATTN: Joshua Zyber- WHEN THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO UPDATE DISC NEWS OR IS YOUR SITE KAPUT!!!!!

ATTN: Joshua Zyber- WHEN THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO UPDATE DISC NEWS OR IS YOUR SITE KAPUT!!!!!

IRRATED

ATTN: Joshua Zyber- WHEN THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO UPDATE DISC NEWS OR IS YOUR SITE KAPUT!!!!!
HAS NOT NEEN UPDATED SINCE OCT. 3RD!!!
THE DAY BRACKE TOOK OFF TO PROMOTE HIS BOOK!!!!
SEEMS LIKE YOUR WEBPAGE HAS GONE TO HELL
GIVE IT TO SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO RUN IT
OR CLOSE IT DOWN

Joshua Zyber

<IRRATED> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> ATTN: Joshua Zyber- WHEN THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO UPDATE DISC NEWS OR
> IS YOUR SITE KAPUT!!!!!
> HAS NOT NEEN UPDATED SINCE OCT. 3RD!!!
> THE DAY BRACKE TOOK OFF TO PROMOTE HIS BOOK!!!!
> SEEMS LIKE YOUR WEBPAGE HAS GONE TO HELL
> GIVE IT TO SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO RUN IT
> OR CLOSE IT DOWN

Chill out, buddy. I don't run the site, I just work there. I have no say
over when the damn Disc News gets updated again.

Peter isn't out promoting his book. He's on medical leave, and right now
we have no one who has access to do all his normal responsibilities
while he's recovering. Thanks for caring.

I'm sorry you're impatient. If you just can't stand to wait another
minute, I'll tell you what. When I type "DVD" into Google I get
211,000,000 hits (no exaggeration). I'm sure one of them will be more to
your liking. Have a blast.

Mike Kohary

IRRATED wrote:
> ATTN: Joshua Zyber- WHEN THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO UPDATE DISC NEWS
> OR IS YOUR SITE KAPUT!!!!! HAS NOT NEEN UPDATED SINCE OCT. 3RD!!!
> THE DAY BRACKE TOOK OFF TO PROMOTE HIS BOOK!!!!
> SEEMS LIKE YOUR WEBPAGE HAS GONE TO HELL
> GIVE IT TO SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO RUN IT
> OR CLOSE IT DOWN

Yeah, because it's a real waste of your subscription dollars that the site
isn't updated often enough...oh, wait a second. You *did* pay something to
access the site, right? That's why you're entitled to complain as a
customer, right?

Try running a website for a while, and you'll see what it takes. In the
meantime, remember that if it's free, you're not entitled to ****, not even
to complain. These guys have lives too, you know.

ominousspiritous

"Mike Kohary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:clm5f1$esk$(E-Mail Removed)...
> IRRATED wrote:
> > ATTN: Joshua Zyber- WHEN THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO UPDATE DISC NEWS
> > OR IS YOUR SITE KAPUT!!!!! HAS NOT NEEN UPDATED SINCE OCT. 3RD!!!
> > THE DAY BRACKE TOOK OFF TO PROMOTE HIS BOOK!!!!
> > SEEMS LIKE YOUR WEBPAGE HAS GONE TO HELL
> > GIVE IT TO SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO RUN IT
> > OR CLOSE IT DOWN

> Yeah, because it's a real waste of your subscription dollars that the site
> isn't updated often enough...oh, wait a second. You *did* pay something

> access the site, right? That's why you're entitled to complain as a
> customer, right?
>
> Try running a website for a while, and you'll see what it takes. In the
> meantime, remember that if it's free, you're not entitled to ****, not

even
> to complain. These guys have lives too, you know.

As far as defences go that's pretty weak.
The site used to be very well done. I would check it a couple times a week
for updates.
The owners had a commitment to it. If they no longer have that commitment
they should take the site down .
Now there's an article saying in essence "Buy my book on this subject
matter". And there you have the subject matter hopelessly out of date. Hell,
there's even contests running since late August/early Sept for cryin' out
loud.

Mike Kohary

ominousspiritous wrote:
> "Mike Kohary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:clm5f1$esk$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> IRRATED wrote:
>>> ATTN: Joshua Zyber- WHEN THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO UPDATE DISC NEWS
>>> OR IS YOUR SITE KAPUT!!!!! HAS NOT NEEN UPDATED SINCE OCT. 3RD!!!
>>> THE DAY BRACKE TOOK OFF TO PROMOTE HIS BOOK!!!!
>>> SEEMS LIKE YOUR WEBPAGE HAS GONE TO HELL
>>> GIVE IT TO SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO RUN IT
>>> OR CLOSE IT DOWN

>> Yeah, because it's a real waste of your subscription dollars that
>> the site isn't updated often enough...oh, wait a second. You *did*
>> pay something to access the site, right? That's why you're entitled
>> to complain as a customer, right?
>>
>> Try running a website for a while, and you'll see what it takes. In
>> the meantime, remember that if it's free, you're not entitled to
>> ****, not even to complain. These guys have lives too, you know.

> As far as defences go that's pretty weak.

It's not a defense, it's simply common sense. They need no defense - it's a
free web site. They can update or not update as they please.

> The site used to be very well done. I would check it a couple times a
> week for updates.

Yup.

> The owners had a commitment to it. If they no longer have that
> commitment they should take the site down.

That's not for you to say. They can have any level of commitment they want,
and that level of commitment can change day to day for all we have to do
with it.

Now, if they charge money for the service, that's entirely different. But
they don't, so send off your query in e-mail, and do it politely, because
they owe you nothing.

> Now there's an article saying in essence "Buy my book on this subject
> matter". And there you have the subject matter hopelessly out of
> date. Hell, there's even contests running since late August/early
> Sept for cryin' out loud.

Oh well, sometimes life intrudes. Joshua said that Bracke has medical
concerns, which sounds a lot more important to me than any website.

He's gone, and he'll be back when he feels like it. That's that - check the
site periodically, or don't, but the way "Irritated" put things was totally
unwarranted any way you slice it. He has no right to be irritated about
anything.

What is it with the "I'm entitled" attitude of the general populace these
days? I think it's rather sick.

Joshua Zyber

"Derek Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How about pitching in for the team, Josh?--And I won't even ask for a
> signed copy.

I and all of the other staffmembers of the site have offered our
assistance in updating the site content. Unfortunately, as much as we
would like to help, we do not have the necessary access to update those
pages. Only Peter does, and one person from our corporate owners who is
not a webmaster but managed to post the "Where's Peter?" notice. Beyond
that, we're all waiting for Peter to get better and return to straighten
things out. Our disc reviews are still being written and submitted as we
wait.

That's all I can say about that, because that's as much as I or anyone
else knows.

Derek Janssen

ominousspiritous wrote:

>>>ATTN: Joshua Zyber- WHEN THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO UPDATE DISC NEWS

>>These guys have lives too, you know.

> As far as defences go that's pretty weak.
> The site used to be very well done. I would check it a couple times a week
> for updates.
> The owners had a commitment to it. If they no longer have that commitment
> they should take the site down .
> Now there's an article saying in essence "Buy my book on this subject
> matter". And there you have the subject matter hopelessly out of date. Hell,
> there's even contests running since late August/early Sept for cryin' out
> loud.

....A friggin' BOOK TOUR?? That's all it was?
Geez, whenever Digital Bits goes down for a week, they update us on
every aspect of the webmaster's kidney surgery...

And I believe the question was addressing the Disc News section--
That's all we're asking: Few of us read the site for anything else, and
before the webmaster smelled the same "DVD for Dummies" book money
that the DB webmaster did, DVDFile was tops in its field.

Some of us are still wearing black armbands for DVDExpress, and tend to
be JUST a little tetchy about the slippery slopes caused by heretofore
iconic DVD websites being misused for other purposes, or tossed aside
for other corporate interests...