Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Best storage for dvds?

Best storage for dvds?

Brad Demrow

"DVDfanatico" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Some people have previously posted the suggestion of using DVD sleeves so
> you
> can store hundred's in a very small space.

To keep dvd in original packaging and near home theater system, shelving
that will occupy premium space may be necessary. Most of the media shelf
units seem to max out around 450 dvds, so building may be the best option.

I like cabinets/drawers, but it would take several hundreds of dollars to
store a large collection.

Although I prefer dvds kept in original packaging, I would consider binders
if I could find a good product. However, depending on how many dvds a
binder holds, that too could be expensive.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will also attempt to survey this group about
storage methods in another thread.

Brad

FAQmeister

"Brad Demrow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41812d20$0$3645$(E-Mail Removed)
> "DVDfanatico" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Some people have previously posted the suggestion of using DVD
>> sleeves so you
>> can store hundred's in a very small space.

> To keep dvd in original packaging and near home theater system,
> shelving that will occupy premium space may be necessary. Most of
> the media shelf units seem to max out around 450 dvds, so building
> may be the best option.
>
> I like cabinets/drawers, but it would take several hundreds of
> dollars to store a large collection.
>
> Although I prefer dvds kept in original packaging, I would consider
> binders if I could find a good product. However, depending on how
> many dvds a binder holds, that too could be expensive.
>
> Thanks for the suggestions, I will also attempt to survey this group
> about storage methods in another thread.
>
> Brad

I don't trust binders any more because I was storing a lot of CDs in
binders and after a couple of years there was some kind of chemical
reaction between the CDs and the plastic sleeves.
--
Buford T. Justice
The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:

Goro

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (DVDfanatico) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Some people have previously posted the suggestion of using DVD sleeves so you
> can store hundred's in a very small space.For shelves that store nearly 2000
> CD's (I'm not sure how many DVD's that is) check out
> http://www.homedecorators.com/search...fication=2&typ
> eDefId=1326&definition=1328&sortOption=ourFavorite s
>
> Also check: http://www.herringtoncatalog.com/as249.html
>
> -DVDfanatico

also, if you are going to store in Sleeves, then try using DVDProfiler
to print out a list.

-goro-

Lester Horwinkle

"FAQmeister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:clrgkp$js0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I don't trust binders any more because I was storing a lot of CDs in
> binders and after a couple of years there was some kind of chemical
> reaction between the CDs and the plastic sleeves.

I once had that problem. The CDs would stick to the plastic sleeve. These
sleeves were made of a soft pliable plastic. I think the plasticizer was the
cause of the problem. There was no damage to the disks, but I didn't like
sticking problem, and sensed that other problems might eventually develop.

Newer sleeves have a plastic fabric backing, and a different plastic on the
front. No problems.