Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > ghost in the shell vol.2 dvd problem..

ghost in the shell vol.2 dvd problem..

J.S.

Anyone get the regular edition of the ghost in the shell tv series region 1
dvd but get the dts version instead of the DD version? Case was normal,
label just shows "vol. 2" but in the player I only get the dts sound
versions and no extras/interviews etc..

J.S.

Joshua Zyber

"J.S." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Anyone get the regular edition of the ghost in the shell tv series
> region 1
> dvd but get the dts version instead of the DD version? Case was
> normal,
> label just shows "vol. 2" but in the player I only get the dts sound
> versions and no extras/interviews etc..

Yes, the first batch of discs had a pressing error. The Dolby Digital
discs got the content from the DTS edition instead, and in the 2-disc SE
the labelling is switched (DD disc says DTS and vice versa). Manga had
the Dolby Digital single discs re-pressed, and most retailers got the
corrected copies. Apparently you got one of the early batches.

If you really want the DD disc, I'll be glad to trade with you. I bought
the single disc hoping to get the "wrong" DTS disc inside, but sadly
wound up with a corrected copy.

Viktor Davros

"Joshua Zyber" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<LpGed.6057$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net>...

> Yes, the first batch of discs had a pressing error. The Dolby Digital
> discs got the content from the DTS edition instead, and in the 2-disc SE
> the labelling is switched (DD disc says DTS and vice versa). Manga had
> the Dolby Digital single discs re-pressed, and most retailers got the
> corrected copies. Apparently you got one of the early batches.

Wow, it looks like I got lucky as well. It was a pleasant surprise
when I saw the DTS track come up.