Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > humming sounds when burning dvd

humming sounds when burning dvd

dave

Hi there. I'm hearing humming sounds when burning dvd. There is a
change in noises when the lead in and out are burning.Also get a click
when ejecting and loading dvd or cd??

Any help would be great

David

Help with what, exactly? Different burners make different noises when
running. In fact, the same burner makes different noises, depending on
what speed it's running at. If the burns aren't failing, what's the
problemo?

David

dave wrote:
> Hi there. I'm hearing humming sounds when burning dvd. There is a
> change in noises when the lead in and out are burning.Also get a click
> when ejecting and loading dvd or cd??
>
> Any help would be great

David Z

Hi. A humming when burning a DVD sounds unusual. Usually you should hear
something like the sound of melting plastic, maybe a crackling. HTH.

<dave> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there. I'm hearing humming sounds when burning dvd. There is a
> change in noises when the lead in and out are burning.Also get a click
> when ejecting and loading dvd or cd??
>
> Any help would be great

John Eckart

<dave> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there. I'm hearing humming sounds when burning dvd. There is a
> change in noises when the lead in and out are burning.Also get a click
> when ejecting and loading dvd or cd??
>
> Any help would be great

The government randomly puts bugs in some DVD burners, and I'm pretty sure the humming sound you're hearing is them conducting surveillance on you (reading/transmitting your data).

If I were you, I'd destroy any illegal DVD collection you may have, as fast as possible! If you survive this incident, I'd also exchange that burner for a different one.

Reply here to let us know if you are successful. If there is no reply, we will assume your were compromised.

Proceed with extreme caution.

Donald Link

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 07:47:28 GMT, "David Z" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi. A humming when burning a DVD sounds unusual. Usually you should hear
>something like the sound of melting plastic, maybe a crackling. HTH.
>
><dave> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi there. I'm hearing humming sounds when burning dvd. There is a
>> change in noises when the lead in and out are burning.Also get a click
>> when ejecting and loading dvd or cd??
>>
>> Any help would be great

A lot also depends on the burner. I had an HP cd burner that sounded
like a plane taking off that was rock solid. The noise was goofy.