Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > New Tom and Jerry set edited but WB will correct

New Tom and Jerry set edited but WB will correct

Michael Rogers

Once of the first things I looked for when I got the Tom And Jerry
Spotlight collection was look at the cartoon that I know has been
edited. Anytime I've seen The Little Orphan on TV or previous video
releases I know they cut out at least one moment that would be
considered unPC.

Tom gets hit with a lit candle and quicky flames up and foomps into a
"pickaninny".

Well, on the spotlight collection it is cut as well, even though the set
said the shorts were unedited.

Today in Digital Bits I also learned 2 other shorts were edited for PC
reasons(for the DVD they probabaly pulled existing masters used for
Cartoon Network without verifying that they were unedited). The good
news is that WB will offer a free exchange for the disc with the uncut
shorts.

The set itself is a mixed bag. I love having the cartoons but overall,
the restorations on them were not too intensive and a lot of print
damage and age shows.

on the plus side, the color and sharpness are great and the Cinemascope
shorts are anamorphic widescreen. That alone is worth the $15.99 price
tag.

Mike

unclejr

Michael Rogers wrote:
> Well, on the spotlight collection it is cut as well, even though the
> set said the shorts were unedited.
>
> Today in Digital Bits I also learned 2 other shorts were edited for
> PC reasons(for the DVD they probabaly pulled existing masters
> used for Cartoon Network without verifying that they were unedited).
> The good news is that WB will offer a free exchange for the disc with
> the uncut shorts.

Does anyone know if Waner Bros. has followed up on their promise?
-Junior

Finding location with Tom Tom XL Matty F NZ Computing 9 12-29-2010 11:50 PM
Tom and Jerry games **Group User** C++ 1 02-26-2010 04:02 PM
gratis Tom Tom 700 of Laptop Wilbert Computer Support 2 02-22-2006 10:15 AM
Tom & Jerry - Spotlight Collection (R1) CNS DVD Video 1 04-20-2005 07:20 AM
Where can I buy or download Tom and Jerry - Fraidy Cat tomjerry DVD Video 1 04-04-2005 09:13 PM

Advertisments